Chelsy

I stood frozen under the doorway for what seemed to be an eternity. I couldn’t feel any part of my body, it was like everything just went numb. I could feel my heart bounding inside my chest, I could hear the blood rushing to my brain, and strangely everything was in slow motion. With my eyes still lingering at Jay, crumpled on the floor, barely breathing.
He’s not going to make it. A little voice inside my head seemed to say.
He’s going to bleed to death. You know that. I know that. It’s just a matter of time.
“Stop!” I screamed.
You never liked him anyway.

I could feel the bitterness in every word it said. Knew just when and where to expect the tone of hostility and disgust. Well it shouldn’t be a surprise. Those were my thoughts after all.
Breaking free of my daze I immediately made a break for Chelsy, yanking her to her feet just as the gigantic wolf pounced on her. Pulling her away from the wolf, well dragging her away would be most accurate, we headed straight for the solitary door on the other side of the room.
“Allen stop! What about Jay?!” She managed to say between her sobs, her eyes filled with disbelief as we made our escape.
“Forget Jay! We have to get out of here!” I called back at her, my eyes glued to the door. It was just a few steps away, maybe a dozen or so. I honestly felt happy for leaving Jay behind since it meant surviving through this World. However, those feelings of happiness were short lived, since suddenly my arm, the arm that was dragging the reluctant Chelsy behind me, received a crushing blow. I couldn’t quite tell what had happened until I saw it. Dozens of teeth buried deep into my arm, droplets of blood trickling from the finger-sized punctures. That was when I realized… The wolf had bitten my arm off. My face twisting with the mixture of pain and surprise I let out a loud cry that felt as if it shook the whole house. Standing up, the wolf lifted me into the air, my severely crushed hand connecting me to the wolf’s massive maw.
“Allen!” I heard Chelsy cry out from under me. I must’ve let go of her the moment the wolf sunk its teeth in me. I can’t be really sure since my brain was too busy processing the large amounts of pain shooting up from my arm. Flailing me around like some kind of toy the wolf smashed ma against a table, some chairs, on the floor, before it threw me toward the far wall. I felt the air inside my entire lungs escape out as my behind landed on the floor with a big thud, propping me up against the wall. With my arms now numb, and my eyesight starting to fade I started to surrender myself to sleep. That was before I felt a tug on my shorts. With my eyes slowly fluttering open I saw Jay, eyes half closed, his teeth clenched, his face all covered in blood.
“Use…the…axe.” Jay whispered to me, clutching the weapon that lay beside him tightly. As crazy as it sounds, I immediately felt a surge of hope as I stretched out my hand for the axe. Maybe it was because Jay was still alive, or maybe just because we have now a weapon to fight against with, but either way I found my resolve to fight. The wolf was standing on its hind legs yet again, making it at least seven feet or so. It was standing right in front of Chelsy now, its front paws raised to strike.
“Chelsy! Run!” I cried out with what little air I had left inside in me but it only made my voice sound hoarse.
“Chelsy!” I cried out again but to no avail, she can’t hear me.
Call it chance, instincts, luck, fortune, whatever you like but I knew I wasn’t going to reach Chelsy on time, so what I did out of pure stupidity was to throw the axe right at the wolf. I know it’s stupid. What if I missed? What if the blade didn’t hit the wolf? All of it crossed my mind too but something inside me just kept telling me to throw it. So I did. Hitting the wolf right in the back of its head, it twisted in agony. The blade burying deep into its flesh. Seeing my chance, I hurriedly limped my way towards Chelsy. Reaching the thrashing wolf just right in front of her I grabbed the protruding axe from the wolf’s back. Using my good arm I poised myself to strike, using everything I had I swung the axe right at the wolf’s neck, sending its head flying out the window. The next thing that happened was lost in a jumble of things. My vision suddenly turned red, I could hear Chelsy sobbing, the smell of something salty filled my nostrils, a metallic taste filled my mouth, and for some reason my hands, my feet, heck every inch of me felt warm and sticky. Regaining my vision, I found everything, even myself covered in red hot blood.  

I found Chelsy just a few feet away from me, sobbing uncontrollably, her white dress drenched in red. Stepping closer I found her kneeling over Jay. His skin had turned completely white against everything had just turned red. Chelsy, with her hands clasped firmly on her face cried.
“I-I don’t like this anymore. How do you wake up from this dream?” She sobbed as soon as I was close enough.
“I don’t know. You just do.”
As soon as she heard those words she began to sob uncontrollably. “I don’t wanna see this again… I don’t… I won’t do it again, I mean it… Forgive me…”
I took a step closer and knelt down beside her. I could see her hands trembling as she tightly gripped Jay’s pale, cold ones. Streaks of tears were flowing down her blood stained face. Snaking my fingers through hers I gently unclamped her hand around Jay’s, placing the lifeless hand on his chest. I chanced a glance at Chelsy who had suddenly gone quiet. She was closing her eyes, her breathing was slow and deep. She must be in such a shock. As quietly as I could I began to stand, but as soon as I did I felt her arms wrap around my neck so tightly that I was afraid she might break me.
“No! Don’t go… please… l-l-let me hold you like this… just for a little while…” She choked, holding back her tears. I could feel her entire body tremble as we stayed in that position, amidst the blood covered room and the dead bodies. All of a sudden I surprised myself by hugging her back, pulling her close to me. I’ve already forgotten how warm a hug felt like, how reassuring and comforting it felt. Burying her face deep into my shoulder Chelsy began to say.

I can’t… look people in the eye.
I’m scared… to hold their hand.
It makes me… remember it.
If only… I hadn’t picked those flowers and hadn’t met him.
And hadn’t… held his hand.
Lots… of blood came out.
It smelled… really bad.
Teacher, I’m… still scared.
But I’m sort of okay.”

Chelsy had grown quiet after a while but her arms that were tightly wrapped around my neck were still there. I suddenly found myself wondering, what had just happened? These Worlds that I keep on entering. What are these? Are they really dreams? Are they memories? I don’t have a clue. I was just about to ask Chelsy when I felt a stabbing pain from back. It was so sudden and strangely enough I could feel it moving inside me. Going out my chest and unto Chelsy’s. It was strange, it wasn’t as painful as I imagined, getting my heart skewered through and all. Maybe I didn’t feel the pain because I was mostly operating on basic instinct at that time, my brain stopped functioning out of exhaustion. I twisted my head around just to see who it was that had stabbed me. I half expected it to be Jay or maybe even Cheshire but the one who stood behind me was a complete stranger. She was wearing a dull dark grey dress reaching up to her knees with white frills at the edge. Her hair was wavy and was in the shade of a pale blonde, heck it was almost white. And her voice was, well, a blur. A large blurry blank in place where the eyes, nose, and mouth should have been. My eyes were starting to grow heavy already. The lack of oxygen in my brain already taking its toll.
“W-Who are you?” I managed to ask weakly.
“You’ll know me soon enough… Alice.” She said as if she was talking from directly inside my head, and though she didn’t have a mouth, I swear I knew she was smiling when she said that.

A/N: So finally we end Chelsy's story :3 sadly yes Jay died, sorry :P and of course I added another "twister" :) So yeah, hope you enjoyed my version of Chelsy's story and now on to Joshua's! X3 Stay tuned for more twists and more twists :3 thank you!