The Scaredy Cat

Allen…
Who is it?
Allen…
Where are you?!
Allen…
 The world was so dark, so dark and so cold. I didn’t know where I was, all I know that I was just there, floating around to what seems like an empty void. Allen… I hear a voice calling out to me but it wasn’t as if I was hearing it, the voice was actually speakig inside my head.
“Who are you?!” I cried, twisting around and searching the darkness around me.
“Where are you?!” I cried again, but there was no response, only echoes. I floated around for some time until I felt solid ground beneath my feet. I try to see what it was I was standing on but my eyes just can’t see through the darkness. Slowly, I started to walk blindly towards nowhere. I didn’t know where I was but anywhere was better than here in total darkness. I continue to walk for some time until I think I stepped on something wet. I looked at my feet and strangely now I can see them, I can see my body as clearly as if there was light but around me still there was nothing but darkness. I tried to make out what it was I was stepping on but all I can see were dark ripples in water that was pitch black. I was just about to start walking again when I felt something grab my foot. It was cold, the thing holding on to me was, I knew I was gonna regret looking at it but I just had to. When I first laid my eyes on it I can’t make heads or tails of it but then it slowly took shape. I could feel my insides run cold as the shape started to materialize. It was that of a man, well more like a skeleton, s skeleton drenched with that black water that I was stepping on. I try to run, I try to shout, but then I discovered that the water was already past my socks and was nearing my knees. I struggle to break free from the monster’s grasp but it was futile. I could feel every muscle in my body tense and how my stomach clenched so tightly when the water was already at my waist. The monster, who was just at the level of my knees before now looked at me face to face. Its claws ripping my shirt as it dragged me down. I thought I was already feeling the worst of it all but, I was wrong. The moment the water hit my chest I felt my whole body grow limp and cold. It was as if I was already dead, but I wasn’t. I watched, horrified, as the monster looked at me in the eye. Its mouth opening wide and revealing sharp pointed teeth just like that of a tiger’s, and from its hollow eye sockets, a single yellow eye glowed every so ominously.

I woke up with a jolt, throwing whatever book that was resting on my chest down to the floor. My heart was beating so loud that I couldn’t hear anything else but my own breathing.  I looked around frantically for the monster in my dream but I didn’t find it, but instead what I found was a brown haired girl who was on the verge of tears.
“I-I’m sorry! Did I scare you” I jumped out of my bed and started towards her, but as soon as I was with arm’s reach she quickly moved back into the wall.
“I’m not gonna hurt you.” I try to smile ever so nicely but she wasn’t looking at me at all.
“T-T-Teacher sent me t-t-to w-wake you up!” She said, wiping her face with the skirt of her red dress.
“O-Oh I see. I must’ve dozed off.” I looked at her and offered my hand. “My name’s Allen. Thank you for waking me up.”
She looked at my hand as if it was a snake trying to bite her, she had this completely horrified look on her face. She just shook her head and stood, ignoring my gesture.
“U-Umm… I’m… Chelsy. Nice to meet you.” She said, not really looking at me.
“It’s nice to meet you too Chelsy.” I said with a small smile. “Well let’s get going.” I offered and headed towards the door. I was just about to open it when I felt Chelsy’s hand tug on my shirt.
“Is there something wrong?” I asked as I looked back at her and she quickly retracted her arm as I did.
“U-Umm… It’s just that… you’re… really wet…” She said, gesturing towards my clothes.
I looked at myself for the first time since I woke up and found myself drenched to the bone. I was so caught up with Chelsy that I didn’t even notice my hair was dripping wet.
“H-How did I-?” I just couldn’t finish my question. Is this sweat? Did I really sweat this much during my sleep? My head was trying to rationalize the situation when Chelsy spoke up.
“Y-You should c-change… b-before you c-catch a cold.”
“Ah, you’re right, thank you.” I try to cover up the panic in my eyes with another smile.
“I-I’ll be waiting outside then.” Chelsy said as she closed the door.
As soon as I heard the lock click I pulled back the sheets from me bed. If I was this wet my bed must be soaked to right? But to my surprise, my bed was pretty much dry. The pillows, the sheets, the mattress, all of it was dry, and it left me wondering. Why was I drenched when everything was dry as a whistle?

A/N Tell me what you think by leaving a review! Thanks! J