149

I understand everyone's feeling a bit anxious from the cliffhanger of the last chapter so I'm posting this early because I already had it written!:) xx

Their was an unbreakable silence- so much dead air in the room yet I couldn't breathe. My heart was beating so fast that I felt my chest ache, my throat hitched like I just ran a marathon. With those perky blue eyes of the doctor that wouldn't leave mine, I felt panicked. Maybe I was waiting for a 'just kidding' or a 'ha you should've seen your face'. But when no other words besides those four daunting ones left her lips, I knew this wasn't a joke.

This was real life, and I was pregnant.

"T-there's got to be a mistake." My voice weaker then ever, my eyes starting to brim in tears.

"No mistake, I'm guessing this was unplanned?" She asks a question that made this all feel too real.

I turn my head to Harry who hasn't said a word. His eyes were dead locked on the doctor, his features cold like stone as pure devastation washed over his features so he went pale. I couldn't tell what he was thinking, he was like a sculpture.

"No, this all has to be wrong. We took proper precautions!" I look back at the doctor in objection like she is somehow reading the screen wrong.

We. Were. Responsible.

With the very few times he didn't wear a condom, he pulled out. He made sure of it.

"But Ms. Ada-"

"We didn't take proper precautions." The deep voice speaks up, making me turn my head back to Harry who had his head in his hands.

"What? Yes we did!" I reject.

"No we didn't Amelia." He says more sternly into his hands, making his words muffled.

"What are you talking about?" I feel completely lost as I question him.

"Think back to three months ago. What was going on in our lives three months ago?" He puts his hands down and looks at me with forest green eyes that have gone dark and decrepit.

I flicker my eyes back and forth between his, trying to understand what he's trying to get me to see. Three months ago is about the amount of time we lived in the cabin. So that must've been the time we ran to it.

Oh my god the shower.

I didn't even think about the shower, we didn't even think about precautions. That night was the same night I held a gun to Harry's head, that was the night he let me go and left me a letter saying he'll never see me again, that was the same night I cried my heart out over him. We were so full of emotions from everything that happened that we didn't even think about anything else but each other.

"Okay. Well since this was unexpected, you have three options. You're not quiet four months yet so theirs surgical abortion, theirs adoption, or you keep the baby. I understand you're only nineteen Ms. Adams so you'll have a really big decision to make." The doctor informs me, just making my heart race.

"How is this even possible? I have had no symptoms like morning sickness besides when I had the flu and threw up. And I'm very irregular with my period but I had it like a month ago. How could I be three months pregnant if my stomach hasn't grown at all? None of this makes sense!" I say in denial- blurting our all these questions.

"How long did your period last?" She asks.

"It was only like two or three days." I search my brain for the memory.

"That wasn't necessarily your period, this kind of thing happens a lot with pregnant women. You could get it again, it's just regular vaginal bleeding. And as for symptoms, not everyone gets the usual morning sickness. Other symptoms could be strange food cravings, tiredness, sleep deprivation, mood swings, increased appetite- many things." She explains, making me realize that I had many of these symptoms- especially with the eating.