Introduction

From a young age, Alexander fell in love with wrestling. He very fascinated with the big characters of wrestlers and the strength they possessed. As he grew, his love for the industry grew. Despite not being the most athletic fit kid, it did not stop him from pursuing his dream to become a pro wrestler. Soon, he'd join a wrestling school and things were rough at first. The physical undertaking of his career path was too much for him but he didn't give up. Even if he felt that he couldn't keep going, Alexander continued to push on. As training went on, he began to lose weight and this gave him more self confidence. Before he knew it, he went from weighing 242 pounds to 195 pounds. Feeling proud of himself, he'd take a photo of himself holding his old 42" pants in front of a mirror.

After training for months, he'd soon make his official debut. He started out jobbing to other wrestlers as he had to pay his dues but it would be all worth it. Alexander began to win match after match and eventually at the age of 19 years old, he would win his first ever title. At an JAPW event, he would defeat Azrieal for the JAPW Light Heavyweight Championship. Soon, he would win the JAPW Heavyweight Championship. His hard work would not go unnoticed as he would be signed to Ring of Honor. This would be his big break as ROH was one of the bigger indie promotions. In his first year, he'd win the now defunct ROH Pure Championship from Samoa Joe. His match vs Samoa Joe would be his first ever 5* rated match from the Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer. He'd become one of the most successful alumni for winning all ROH single titles and won the ROH Survival of the Fittest tournament once. Alexander would also work in PWG and the newly opened Evolve Wrestling promotions, winning each promotion's respective world title once and PWG's Battle of Los Angeles.

As word spread of this dominant American technician, promotions outside of the US would inquire about him. Alexander would take to sea and would make his international debut in ICW. There, he would pick up the ICW Zero-G Championship defeating inaugural champion, Noam Dar. After dropping the Zero-G Championship, RPW and PROGRESS Wrestling would open their doors and Alexander wrestled there as well, becoming a 1-time PROGRESS Champion and a dual holder of the RPW British Cruiserweight and Heavyweight Championship. In his time in the UK, he would meet his UK counterpart in the form of Zack Sabre Jr. The two wrestlers would feud everywhere they wrestled. People would call this feud one of the greatest of all time. It would call the "Revolutionary War" and not just because of each wrestler's nationality. It is because each wrestler redefined what it meant to be a technical wrestler. Two of the many matches that involved Alexander and Zack Sabre Jr would be rated 5* stars. Their final match with each other would leave Zack as the victor. After the match, Zack would hold out his hand to an exhausted Alexander and would embrace each other. This would be the end of their long rivalry as they showed their mutual respect. They'd form a pact and the partnership of "The Undisputed Union" would lead them to tag team gold. Soon they were holders of multiple tag team titles. The fact that they both had a strong bond helped them to reach the top of the hill. After having a prosperous time in UK, Alexander peacefully absolved from the Union and headed to the far east.

Alexander first start his journey in Japan with All Japan Pro Wrestling, wrestling in the Jr Heavyweight division. He would become a 1-time World Jr Heavyweight Champion and 1-time winner of the Jr Battle of Glory. He'd go on to wrestle in Pro Wrestling NOAH to win the GHC Jr Heavyweight Championship once. However, once Alexander signed for New Japan, he began to falter. He made his debut in the Best of the Super Juniors tournament and failed to advanced with only 2 wins. As the losses began to pile up, Alexander's mind begins to crack little by little. After losing an exhibition match against Ryusuke Taguchi, Alexander unleashed. He brutally attacked Ryusuke and embraced a new darker side to him. Alexander's move-set became one of the more rigid ones, characterized for his emphasis on strong strikes and power moves, combined with his submission skill. Soon, he avenged his losses and began climbing the junior heavyweight division. Eventually, he'd entered the Best of the Super Juniors tournament again and win the entire tournament, undefeated. He'd soon capture the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship from KUSHIDA.