- resent & worry -

Beginne am Anfang

"Quit it, Parker, not in the mood," she brushed him off, just as Jade fell into step with them.

"Oooooh," she stage whispered to Ned, "the couple is fighting." Peter and Ned locked eyes and Elenora rolled her eyes at Jade.

"We are not a couple," Elenora insisted, her jaw setting again. She could feel her head pounding- she couldn't handle this stress much longer.

Jade shrugged. "Could've fooled me," she spoke, then elbowed Ned, who let out a "ow!"."Where  were you guys on homecoming? Ned and I were sulking around like losers."

Ned said something about him not being a loser, but Elenora wasn't listening- she had started to reply.  "Something came up," she excused, vaguely, while starting to walk faster. Jade paced after her.

"Does it have something to do with why you're ticked off at Parker?" she guessed, and Parker's head perked up, waiting for an answer he already knew. Still, if he could be sure it was about him and not her fathers, that'd be one less thing to worry about.

Elenora didn't bother to look back. "Ask him yourself."

Jade's green hair wrapped her face as her head twisted to catch a glimpse of Peter. Brushing it off, Jade turned her back to Elenora and started walking backwards. "You gonna tell us what you did, Lover Boy?" Jade taunted, and Peter swallowed, holding back a blush and the truth.

Like a light bulb turned on, Ned's neck almost broke as he turned to look at Peter. "Wait- does this have to do w-"

"Yes," Peter mumbled, nudging Ned to silence when Jade's careful watch fell on them, trying to read their every move.

Jade narrowed her eyes at them, "what are you talking about?" she demanded, and when neither of them replied, she turned to Elenora, who just shrugged and said that it wasn't her problem. She looked bad to Ned. "Seriously? Dude!" she exclaimed, frustrated. "Just tell me what's going on!" Ned said nothing. She huffed, stuck out a finger, and grabbed Elenora's arm, pulling her along. "If they're gonna be like this, let's just go."

Lunch was strange. All four of them say at the same table because none of them had another place to go. They kept the conversations between the genders.

Jade was respecting Elenora's wishes to not talk about the incident, and sent Ned and Peter dirty looks in favor of Elenora.

Jade picked at her garden salad, and Ned focused on his deli cut sandwich. As Elenora pulled out her lunch that Phil had packed her (he was very against over priced crap) she stole a glance at Peter, who was tapping outa rhythm idly with no food in sight. Elenora sighed; she constructed a cracker turkey and cheese sandwich, and slide it over to Peter.

She, however, did not share her Oreos.

By ninth period, Peter just wanted Elenora's attention, and truthfully, Elenora didn't want to ignore Peter any longer, but every time she thought back to the fight, the fury flames in her belly. She couldn't just accept it.

Elenora's eyes stayed glued to her notebook the entire period, and when the bell rang, she stayed seated for a extra thirty seconds, packing her bags and not daring to look up. She talked her self through standing up, but nothing prepared her for look Peter in the eye.

His brown eyes were sad, and she couldn't help but feel like it was her fault.

He said, "Elenora." She didn't look him in the eye again. She looked away, but he repeated her name several times. She swallowed, and answered shortly.

"Lets get going, I wouldn't want Agent Coulson to worry. "

***

Elenora and Peter got to May's apartment maybe ten minutes later- their walk had been quick paced due to Elenora's anger with Peter. When Peter opened the door to the apartment, May was dancing to music and cooking, waving her wooden spoon in the air as she lip synced. Peter glanced back at Elenora who, despite acting like she didn't see it, wore a smile on her lips. May had no clue that the two of them had arrived home, and Elenora closed the door behind the two, and May still didn't notice their presence.