awake

Daytime

Mina's POV

I slowly open my eyes a little to find myself peeking at the blank ceiling of... a hospital room? The light makes it feel like one. Better I'd close my eyes again. Too bright.

Hospital? Can I move?

I try concentrating on my lower body parts to feel any pain or physical contraints, but I only found out my back hurts a little – maybe I slept in an uncomfortable postition or whatsoever. I don't usually sleep on my back.

What time is it? What happened?

To be honest, it's kind of cold in here. But my hand feels warm. Warmer than the rest of my body. I try to focus on that warmth and sleep a little more.

___________

„Is she okay?"

After I silently heard the doorhandle got pressed down with a click, a familiar male voice started speaking. Joo? I try to listen closer.

„I've been here before, but you were both asleep." He continued whispering. „Hani calls me twice every hour but-" He stopped talking. Huh?

Person that may be Joo: „Alright, I'll come back later. Ping me!" With that he seemed to have left the room.

I open my eyes.

„Hey My Love." I got greeted back into daylight by the brightest smile I've ever seen. Hoseok. Home. Warmth.

I could not help but smile back at him.

Me: „Hey." I warmly replied. „How are you?"

Hoseok: „I'm tired, but happy. Insanely happy." He reached out for my cheek. "I'm so happy you're alright, Mina. You were so cold." From the redness in his eyes I can tell he went trough something. I've got the bad feeling it has something to do with my behaviour yesterday. "Just why didn't you tell me something's wrong? You know I'm here for you everytime."

Me: "I'm sorry. Truly." I think it's overdue to tell him. "I'm sorry I did not tell you everything about me, but if you still want to know...I'd be happy."

Hoseok: "If that means, I will never have to worry again about you doing stupid things without me, I'd be happy, too." He calmly answered with a little smirk and took my hand. "Just what were you feeling?"

Still Daytime

JHope's POV

Mina: „You know that I had a little brother once." She starts explaining with her head down. „He died almost exactly a year ago and I still cannot get over the fact he's not there anymore."

„I thought following my dreams and moving away from home would give me a little peace of mind and distraction from all the negative feelings I held inside of me, but that wasn't the case. Generally, Korea was not as I expected it to be and maybe my high expectations of making me fully happy were just too much."

„My mum and dad got divorced quite a while before the accident already and right after, she said she wants some time for herself. That does not mean I'm not welcome at home, but we surely don't have the best mother-daughter relation. I only told Hani once about this and tried to avoid talking about it ever since." She raises her head to look at me.

„Yesterday was just... I'm sorry it all came down to our phone call that got me so upset about myself and my need for you. I was so desperately longing for your presence because you...you're a little sunshine and being with you is so addictive. So warming." She sighed deeply. „I just needed some space to organise my thoughts and future actions and I maybe drank the one or other beer to calm down. I needed to avoid wanting you all to myself, because there is no possible way for that to become reality." Her eyes got teary as she calmly continues to tell me her thoughts.

„The last thing I remember is wandering through the park I used to walk Momo in and trying to write some words on a piece of paper for mum. I did not want to forget them until the next day and I remembered that I met Suga in that park before, who was also writing something in a notebook. That gave me the Idea." Her voice sounds thankful.

„I think the alcohol in my blood gave me enough warmth to make it into the park, but with my growing fatigue I did not realise how cold it was." She reaches out for my cheek.

„You found me, right?" She asks with a teary smile. „And you held my hand all the time."

I nodded proudly. She noticed.

„I'm sorry." She moved on. „I'm sorry, I did not tell you and left you worried. I did not think myself, that I would end up like this. I did not want to get your attention by doing stupid things. I just did not know what to think or do. Causing you trouble is the last thing I'd want. And now I end up owing you my life."

Me: „Glad to hear that. I'm looking forward to spending it with you." As she talked, my urge to hug her grew more and more. „Aish, Mina. You should have told me. You know, I'm here for you." I giggle a little. „You know I-"

„MINAAAA!!" The door rapidly swings open.

MY GOSH! Seriously!

Tae: „Mina, Mina, Mina! Are you alright? Are you alive? Did he do something to you?!"

He ruined my confession. Thank you. I roll my eyes. Here we go.

Me: „Uh- How did you even know-?"

„Mina!"

My words get cut off again by Jimin, Kookie and Jin that follow into the room right after Tae decided it would be a good Idea to rush in. I think it will be better to keep my thoughts to myself for now.

I watch Mina calmly greeting everyone individually while she accepts Jungkooks dragon plushie and places it next to her pillow. Jin brought some cookies and Jimin a little flower bouquet. Did he choose them himself?

Jin: "Namjoon told us he shortly arranged a meeting with our manager, that's why he's not coming. He sends his best wishes and hopes you get well soon." He says with a little disappointed smile. "However, he did not want to tell us what he will be discussing with him. Must be urgent."

And Suga is most likely sleeping, I guess.

Mina: „Of course, I understand. But Guys, with almost all of you here it already feels like Christmas!" With that, she hugged Jimin that was standing right next to her.

But even though she was smiling brightly, I still know the story she told right before was a very hard one to tell. I sigh, get up and close the door as they talk away the time.