untitled relations

Thursday

2:04pm

Mina's POV

Me: "Over here!"

I waved at Joo who I found curiously searching for my presence at the café I told him to meet up. Not only could I tell from his bright hair that it was him, he also wore this awfully colourful jacket that was a result of one of our DIY-projects this summer. I slipped with a can of paint back then and we had to get creative with it.

Joo: "Hey Mina."

His eyes met mine. I was happy to see him again after all the confusion, but his smile was not as bright as usual.

We ordered coffee and each one of us got a slice of cake. I told him about Sunday and how Hani and her boyfriend helped me to move my boxes to her place. Also, how late I get to sleep the past few days because she keeps talking to me until morning and that the hotel still did not call to confirm my booking. I wanted to keep up complaining, but Joo cuts me off-

Joo: "What I wanted to ask you... you and Hoseok. Are you two a couple now?"

I almost choke on my apple pie.

Me: ­"Wha-?!" I cough a few more times before quickly waving off every thought, even though I know I actually wanted it to be like it. "I-, I don't think we are."

Joo: "But I mean, you went on a date. Did he do something to you?" He took my hand and gave me a serious look. Awkward.

Me: "What?" A little confused, I slowly move my hand back. "Why is everybody assuming the worst?"

I chuckle a little at the thought that Hobi is such a ball of fluffiness that never would think of hurting anyone.

Me: "We just spent some fun time together. I don't think he sees more in me than a friend."

At my last words, I look down on my lap and recall the memory of Saturday when I left their apartment. I helped them clean up everything, thanked Jungkook for letting me sleep in his bed. We hugged as we said our goodbyes, but Hoseok and I did not kiss. He texted me quite often since then, even though we were not able to meet because of their tightly scheduled rehearsals and events. Since then I try to keep a clear head and not to expect too much.

I wonder who he spends the holidays with.

Joo: "I work with them as a choreography assistant." Joo brought me back into the café. "For quite some time already, to be honest. I'm sorry, again, that I did not tell you. I was advised to keep it a secret as long as possible."

Me: "Don't worry. I'm sorry I yelled at you, too. I understand why." I gave him a reassuring look. "Maybe, on the other hand, I am a little jealous of you working with the guys. It must be so much fun since they are all so talented." I probably would have done the same in his position.

Joo: "That's what I can confirm, but working with you together in the restaurant was even more fun. For me, it did not even feel like working most of the time."

We chatted the afternoon away and talked about this and that, how my life would continue here and my need to find a new place to live – and to work.

7:03pm

Mina's POV

I sigh as I cook dinner. I still have not thought about how I'd continue to live here. Staying at Hani's place is nice, she has a great kitchen, but it's not the best solution. What else bugs me is, that even though my emotions and growing feelings for Hoseok convinced me to stay here, but I might still be unhappy after all. Nothing has changed the original situation.