first 'I love you' - jack

• When: 3 months into dating

You had been invited over to Jack's house by his parents for dinner to meet them for the first time. You were nervous as hell and had no idea what to do or say. You had beforehand called Jack to get advice, but it still didn't calm your nerves. You knew you had to meet them at some point, and that you had pushed it far enough. Jack had met your parents a month ago and now I was your turn.

You arrived at Jacks house and rang the doorbell before rubbing your sweaty palms away on you jacket. Jacks mom opened the door with a big smile on her face.

"Hello, you must be Y/n. Jack has told us so much about you," she said. You saw Jack and his father appear behind her. You greeted both of his parents and Jack took a hold of your hand, while you walked to the dining table.

After dinner, you and jack walked up to his room. You let out a deep breath, before lying down in the bed. "That was so difficult for me to do," you said looking at the ceiling.

Jack sat himself down next to you.
"Yeah, well, you did great."

You smiled at him, relieved at his words. Out of the corner of your eye, you could see Jack looking at you, so you looked back.

"Y/n?" he asked, his voice obviously nervous.

"Yeah?"

"Can I tell you something?" You nodded hoping for what he might say.

For the last week or so he had trying to tell you something but always ended up telling you forget it. This time was different. Even though his voice was nervous and shaking, this time he had a look of determination on his face.

"I-um. I love you," he said, being serious for a change. You smiled at him, happy that he finally had said it.

"I love you too," you answered with a blush on your face.