46. New Beginnings

***This is the last chapter. Epilogue will be out next week! Owen's book "His Alpha Female" is up on my profile***

It had been three weeks since I got the news about my mom. My family was leaving this afternoon and I was beyond excited. I was a little worried about them driving through the night, but I knew they would be okay. Nara was nearing a month and I was excited to watch as my little girl grew. Already with time her hair became more fuller and her eyes more vibrant.

Alex gave birth to a baby boy a few days ago. She named him Felix, after her father. We were all happy about the new edition to our pack. I checked on her a few times, but she was still recovering in the hospital.

I had been out of the house a couple of times, but today was the first day I started doing pack duties and I was thrilled. I loved Nara will all my heart, but I needed a break. Between her and Kohl, I was going insane.

Today Maci and I had planned on going to the grocery store to get food for the pack. Maci had invited Paisley to join. I was a little skeptical about at first but she seemed to be okay. She didn't talk much, which was fine with me.

After Maci parked the car, we got out and walked towards the store. "I heard Alpha was going to start the she wolves on a training program?" Maci asked as the two of them eyed me.

Titus and I had talked about it a while ago and I thought it was a good idea. I knew the traditional wolves wouldn't agree, but it was for the best.

I nodded, confirming her question. "Yeah, with these recent attacks its best for us to know how to defend ourselves and our pups. I just wish my dad would get on board." My Dad had refused to put the she wolves on a training schedule, and I didn't understand. I knew my dad was very traditional, but this was absurd.

Paisley shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe your dad is right. I don't know how I feel about this whole training thing. It's violent, and I don't condone it." Maci and I both shared a look, then rolled our eyes. "We live in a violent world Paisley. You have to be able to defend yourself." I explained.

She shook her head defiantly. I had to hold my wolf back from putting her in her place. "You might not see the good in it, but you'll thank us later down the road. Think of it as...an extracurricular activity." She sighed then nodded.

Maci grabbed one of the carts before we continued down the aisles of the grocery store. We could have split the list between the three of us to kill time, but I wanted to enjoy the company of wolves other than my family. My thoughts drifted Kohl and Nara...my pups. Rachel was thrilled when I asked her to watch Nara for the day. Both of my pups would definitely grow up loved. That's all I could ever want for them.

"Oh I meant to ask you Paisley, How are you and the other wolves settling in?"

"Pretty well. Thanks for asking Luna." I nodded, then continued checking things off the list. We spent about an hour in the store, leaving with 3 carts piled high. Some of the groceries had to go in the back with Paisley, due to the amount of things we bought.

We rode back to the pack house listening to and singing to music. We actually got serious Paisley to crack a smile. Pulling up to the pack house we got out and began to bring the groceries inside. Al walked up to Maci and placed a kiss on her temple as we both sat the groceries down. He turned to face me with a smile, "Alpha wants to see you in his office." He said.

I thanked him then headed for Titus's office. Titus's scent wrapped around me like a warm blanket as I entered his office. He looked up from his computer and smiled. "Hey love." He greeted.

I walked to to one of the empty chairs in front of his desk and sat. "What's up?"

"Some of the wolves are starting the construction on the new houses and I have to go review the plans." I rose my eyebrows, confused on where I came in with this scenario.