002

The rain was supposed to wash away the stench, numb away the ache but strangely it did neither.

It just roared down on me, I empathised though, the storm was just as furious as I was.

But we both refused to back down.

I refused to go back in and take refuge in my castle, while it refused to die down.

And so we both took stand, I stood in the bleeding rain while the storm roared with a fury that was very well echoed by the anger in me.

The slight tickle of discomfort in my knuckles disappeared and I pulled back my right fist to punch at the large the trunk of the tree I was using as a substitute punching back the past five minutes.

My left fist followed, and this time the tree swayed down to its death.

I cussed out loud and pushed my bloodied fists down to my sides again.

There was no escaping this.

Theia had lost her memory and I was not allowed to visit her.

The flame of rage crashed harder in my chest and I sunk in to my knees by the pain of it.

I couldn't endure it.

I couldn't push the pain away any longer.

I needed to see her.

I needed to feel her.

My skin itched with the craving and a loud wail ripped out of my throat.

I was at my weakest. Damn it I was barely alive without my mate. I needed her.

I had waited fifteen bloody days for the sake of her safety, for the sake of allowing Mr. and Mrs. Andersons will. But no more.

Surely Theia could feel my absence? Even if she couldn't remember... She must be missing the gap in her heart?

The rain poured harder and I slumped down further, a sigh slipping out of my lips.

I was being selfish.

I was thinking only of myself when her health was at stake and the realisation of that made me feel ill.

How could I be this selfish?

I was a beast. Her beast. But she didn't remember.

What my presence in her life only hurt her instead? What if ... She didn't accept me this time around?

My chest ached at the thought of it.

No. I would die if Theia refused me.

I loved her.

So that was how, I backed out. I walked away from the storm.

A quick walk towards the castle, and I was in its refuge.

The storm won.

***

"You're going to do it again, aren't you?"

"That's none of your business" I snapped back as I put on my t-shirt and shrugged on my boots.

Romanov sighed as he eased him back a step or two.

"You're right. It may not be my business. But I do know for a fact that you should make an entrance already."

My eyes darted up to him and I frowned, "What in bleedin' hell are you talking about, mate?"

The corners of Roman's mouth crinkled and I bit back the urge to punching it away.

This wasn't the time to act like an insufferable know it all!