07

"YOU ACTUALLY PAINTED HIM!"

A loud groan escaped my lips as a huge load leaped on me.

"Can't... breathe...!" I croaked and smacked the person on top of me repeatedly.

"Ouch! You hit like a man! Stop it!!" Marley shrieked again, this time out of pain as a pair of hand gripped onto my frantic ones.

What was she doing!

"God!" I groaned as I finally opened my eyes and gave Marley a semi glare.

She, however, seemed oblivious of my apparent irritation as she squealed when she saw me awake and rushed towards the canvas currently resting on the easel. The funny thing was though that the rest of the paintings had turned out to be too precious to lose, and so now rested against the wall.

Marley stopped short in front of the portrait. I could practically see her mouth hanging open as she stared at the man on the canvas.

I sighed as I got out of bed and padded my way over, coming to a halt beside her.

"He's beautiful," she whispered, her eyes wide open, her mouth, just as I predicted, hanging open.

A sad smile graced my lips as I touched the side of his jaw lightly.

"Yes he is," I agreed softly. Yes he is.

Soon Marley's gaze moved along the other paintings and she swayed slightly as she moved towards them.

I stood frozen in my place as I watched her stare at each one piece after piece, it wasn't only for Bryce though, I wasn't that confident about my painting skills. Marley was only fourth after Casey and mom and dad to see me paint. Others however, saw me sketch.

Marley suddenly startled me when she turned towards me, her next words took me by surprise, "It will be fun burning this up once you're finally over him."

I smiled. Sadly. Oh Marley... IF I get over him.

Painting him all night had done nothing but remind me of him. I sighed. It was hardly fair.

A startled squeal escaped my lips as I was suddenly pulled towards the bathroom. "Go get ready, woman! We have school in an hour and you look like you've been through the haunted woods! When did you sleep anyway?"

The door shut on my face and I rolled my eyes before I turned around and picked up my brush.

"5:15." I called back a reply before shoving my brush into my mouth.

Okay now let's get those bacterias removed.

*

Wrapping my fluffy navy blue towel against my body I walked out of the bathroom only to get shoved out of the way as a frantic Marley rushed in.

"God you bathe like you have all the time in the world!" she complainer, flustered as she slammed the door shut.

I glanced towards the digital watched perched upon my bedside table.

Oh! 8:15... I guess I took more than what I usually take...

Oh well!

I walked towards my closet and immediately closed the door. Didn't need flashing my just found bestie,now did we? For a second I wondered what Casey was doing back home.

The second passed and I let it go, today was an exciting day, the thought of exploring Dovelore castle had me completely shaking with excitement.

Applying deodorant and body lotion I slipped into my black undergarments before I pulled on a brand new maroon long sleeved top, curtesy of mum, and a high-waisted navy blue floral skirt.