18

Waking up the next morning wasn't as difficult as I had hoped it would be. Considering I had barely slept at all the precious night before. Yes, it hadn't been much difficult at all.

The alarm rang at its assigned time and I rose from my spot on the bed and made my way into the bathroom quite gingerly. I suppose it was the lack of sleep that had in turn caused such a sour mood. I only frowned harder as I dressed myself up, noticing the dark circles introducing themselves under my eyes.

Picking up the the English and History essay that were yet to be due until a couple of days, I placed them into my backpack and strode out of the room, closing there door securely behind me. I would give in an early submission for those two assignments. At least one good thing had come from my lack of sleep.

I grimaced and almost bit my tongue to hold of a scream as I lost a footing while walking down the stairs. Luckily, my hand grabbed onto the banister and I saved myself from premature death.

Bryce's odd behavior was still floating around in front of me, I could not put out why he was behaving that way. I knew it was no use thinking about it, I wouldn't find an answer anyway, after all, I hadn't found any all night, but I couldn't help but have a definite feeling that things were going to change now. The Bryce who had visited me yesterday has not been my Bryce. Something was wrong. And God save me, I had to fix it.

I jumped off the last steps of the stairs and marched into the kitchen only to stop dead.

Instead of Matthew, It was Bryce who was sitting on the high bar stood today, drinking what smelt like a cup of warm coffee. His cup already inches away from his lips, he stopped for a second as he noticed my presence but then continued as if he hadn't.

I frowned at that too, but moved further into the kitchen, ignoring him equally as much as I he ignored me. Bryce had still not acknowledged my presence.

A soft sigh left my lips and I decided to just jump head first into it. The need to know what was bothering him seemed higher than my self respect right now.

"Are you mad about something?" I mumbled, biting my lip as I finally turned around and lifted my gaze to his.

His dark gaze stayed on me for a second before it slipped away.

"No. Good Morning love"

My frown deepened and I moved closer to him, now standing just beside him. I pulled his dark grey shirt forward and he got off of the chair to stand facing me.

Maybe you should have left him sitting...

"Don't lie to me. Why are you here? And why are you mad at me?"

Bryce sighed and met my gaze, his arms slowly moved around my waist and with a light tug on his part, he slammed me against him. I could only stare at him wide eyed as he regarded me with his stormy ones.

He leaned forward and I could almost taste his lips on mine when his arms suddenly loosened against my waist and he placed a small peck on my forehead before moving away and taking a seat on the highchair again.

I grit my teeth as the heat on my cheeks increased. That was embarrassing.

Letting out a shaky breath I turned towards Bryce, his strong back facing me. Eyeing the granola bars placed in a bowl on the kitchen island I made a grab for a couple before turning around and moving towards the door.

If Bryce wanted to be difficult. So be it.

I was just making my way down the driveway when a hand gripped my arm and pulled me to a stop.

"I'm driving you"

Yeah right you are!

"It's fine... Babe. I'm fine" I snapped back as sweetly as I could, making a move in getting away from him. His grip only tightened.