Chapter 26

Tobias POV

I slowly open my eyes, still groggy from medication. I look around, becoming aware of my surroundings.

I am in Marcus's basement. I've never actually been in an Abnegation basement. I think he is one of the only people to have one. He always kept the door down here locked.

I look down to see that I am tied up to a chair. I quietly struggle to get loose, not daring to yell for help.

I hear the floorboards creak, and then Marcus and Peter come down.

I see that they both have bruses on their faces and arms. Peter has a black eye and Marcus has a swollen lip. I struggle to suppress a laugh.

Peter walks up to me and slaps me in the face.

"Not so tough now are we?" He mocks.

"Shut up." I mumble.

"Peter, could you please leave Tobias and I alone for awhile?" Marcus says with an evil glint in his eye.

Peter leaves, smirking.

Then Marcus slowly unloops his belt. He sets it on the floor next to his feet. He then walks up to me and punches me in the face and head and stomach over and over again.

I feel myself loosing consciousness and I can hardly breath.

Marcus then pick up his belt and whips me for what feels like hours.

He finally stops and storms up the stairs.

I try and catch my breath but everytime I move, I feel sharp pains everywhere.

After awhile, I black out from the pain.

______Page Break______

I wake up in a pool of my own blood.

My head throbs. I look around and notice a peice of bread and a bottle of water in front of me.

I reach for the water. Only then do I realize that I'm not tied up anymore.

I take large gulps of water and I eat the bread in 2 bites.

Peter comes down after awhile to bring me to the bathroom.

When I'm done, he throws me back into the basement and I hear him clicking multiple locks into place.

I lay down and decide to go to sleep. That's all I can really do here anyways.

______Page Break______

I slowly look up to see Marcus with his belt.

He repeats the previous beating.

By the time it's over, I am struggling to suppress a scream or a sob. I know that will only make it worse.

Everything hurts. My head throbs, by back aches, and I am becoming dizzy from blood loss.

I finally fall asleep on the cold, hard floor in the middle of the dark room, expecting tomorrow's beating.

Tris POV

We all wake up the next morning to Zeke screaming like a girl.

I run into his room and everyone else follows.

I open the door to see Shauna sitting on the floor laughing and Uriah standing over the bed. Zeke sits up, soaking wet.

We all start laughing but quickly stop, thinking of the day ahead.

"Alright everyone." I speak up. "Here is what we need to do." Everyone turns to face me.

"Will and I will work on finishing the plan. Zeke and Marlene, get the medication I talked to you about." Everyone but Zeke and Marlene look confused at that statement, but I continue.
"Christina, get the outfits." I say. Christina said that it was necessary for us to have "spy outfits". I'm not sure what that means but it seems to make her happy.
"Lynn, Uriah, and Shauna, get the weapons." Since Lynn is a Dauntless Leader in training, she has access to most weapons.
"We will start after breakfast."