Chapter 19

Tris POV

I wake up in a deep purple room. I look around but I'm all alone.

Then Christina comes in with a glass of water and a muffin.

"Tris! You're up! Everyone get in here!" Christina says excitedly.

Everyone exept Zeke, Shauna, and Marlene comes in.

"What happened? Where is Zeke? What about Four?" I ask frantically.

"Well I knew you were upset about Four so last night I went to check on you." Christina says. "But you weren't in there, so I went to see if you were still in the hospital. I went into Four's room and you and Zeke were passed out on the floor and Four was gone."

"Gone?"

"Yeah. I'm so sorry Tris but he wasn't even in the compound." Christina says witth sympathy.

"What happened to Zeke and I?" I ask. If I'm going to get through this, I need to solve one problem at a time.

"Well Christina wasn't the only one that went to the hospital." Uriah says. "I went to check on Zeke and he wasn't there. Shauna told me he was at the hospital so I went too. When I got there, Christina was at the front desk demanding for help. I ran into Four's room and you and Zeke were on the floor. A doctor came in and said that you were hit with tranquilizer guns."

"Uri and I didn't think it would be a good idea to keep you in the hospital, so we brought you to my old apartment." Christina says. Now she shares an apartment with Will.

Then Shauna comes in.

"Zeke is awake. Uri can you please help me bring him in here?" Shauna asks.

"Sure." Uriah says with a smile. "Be right back."

I decide to sit up. I feel fine now.

Then Uriah and Shauna come in with a groggy Zeke.

"What happened?" He asks as he plops down on the other side of the bed.

I sit up all the way so that my feet dangle off the side of the bed.

Marlene comes in with another nurse. They check my temperature and ask me to stand up. I do so with no problem. They do the same with Zeke and he also stands up easily.

"Why do we need to stand up?" I ask.

"We needed to make sure that the tranquilizer didn't have a long effect on your muscles." Marlene explains. She is a really good nurse. "You can go now Anne."

The other nurse, Anne, leaves.

"Why did you and Zeke get shot anyways?" Uriah asks.

Then I explain my theory.

"Someone kidnapped Four. I first realized when they stitched up his head, even though he was supposedly dead. Then, when Zeke and I went to the hospital, Zeke noticed something funny with his IV." I say.

"I don't know what it was called, there was no name on the bottle, but on the back it said that it was a chemical that made you sleep." Zeke says.

"But who would kidnap Four?" Will asks. "Do you know if he has any enemies Tris?"

I think of two people.

Eric and Marcus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if it's short. This chapter was mostly about explaining what happened.

Should I do Tobias's POV next chapter?

Who do you think the kidnapper is?

Don't forget to comment and vote and please follow😊

- Emily❤️