Chapter 10

Time Lapse (2 weeks later)

Tris POV

Today is final test. I can't believe initiation is over.

It went by so fast.

I decide to look back on initiation in the shower. The warm water streams down my back and I close my eyes.

Turns out that Ariel, Emily, Noah, and Jason are divergent.

Julie has flirted with Tobias a bunch of times, which I absolutely hate. Evan has also flirted with me, which I also hate.

I have seen Peter around which isn't very good.

I actually like most if the initiates so I hope they make it.

A knock on the door snaps me out of my day dream.

"Tris? Are you ok?" Tobias asks in a concerned voice on the other side of the door.

"I'm fine!" I yell back.

I go back to my day dream.

Seeing the initiates face their fears made me want to face some of my own. Let's just say, people can officially call me Six now. (A/N fourtris 😏)

Flashback

Tobias and I just got home from a date under the
Ferris wheel. It was so romantic.

"Thanks for a great night." I tell him with a kiss.

He pulls back. "I know how to make it better." He smirks.

He kissed me. Hard and full of passion. I kiss back and we move in synchrony. He swiftly slides off my jacket and I pull of his shirt. He goes to pull mine off but stops.

"Are you sure you're ready?" He asks.

"Yes." I say with confidence. "If wimpy initiates like Evan and Julie can face their fears, I can face mine." I say.

He laughs and takes of my shirt.

"Ok." He says with a smile before his lips crash into mine.

End of flashback

I smile as I turn off the water and step out of the shower. I quickly dry off and slip my clothes on.

"It's about time." Tobias says sarcastically.

"Yeah, yeah." I roll my eyes.

"Let's go. We should be in the Fear Landscape room soon.

We get to the Fear Landscape room and they have already started.

Time drags on. Seconds feel like minutes and minutes feel like hours.

I see Julie swat invisible bugs. I see Evan scream like a little girl. Emily jumps from an unknown place. Ariel shoots invisible guns.

Finally the tests are over so Tobias and I meet up with our friends in the Pit.

"Who wants to go zip lining?!" Zeke shouts

"Yeah! My treat!" Uriah says excitedly.

There is a chorus of "sure" and "ok"

I really want to go but I know about Tobias's fear of heights.

"Um I'll-" I say.

Tobias coughs really loudly. If you didn't know him like I do, it would've been totally convincing.

"I'm gonna pass but I'm sure Tris wants to go." He says.

"Are you sure?" I ask him quietly so that no one else hears.

"Yeah. Go have fun." He winks. "See you guys later." He says to our friends as he walks off.

"Alright let's go!" Lynn shouts.

Time Lapse (at the Hancock building)

We all run into the Hancock building. We cram into the elevator and Zeke jams his thumb onto the button that says 100.

We rocket upwards towards the sky. I can't wait to go zip lining. We haven't been in awhile.

"Alright everyone." Uriah says while he prepares the harnesses. "Get into a line."

We push and shove and somehow I end up 3rd in line with Zeke and Will ahead of me and Christina behind me.

Adrenaline courses through my veins. I bounce on the balls of my feet. The rush I am getting is Dauntless.

I may be Divergent. I may be Abnegation and I may be Erudite. But I will always be one thing.

Dauntless.

Before I know it, it's my turn. Uriah fastens me into my harness. Something feels off but it's probably just nerves.

Thoughts of Tobias fill my mind. I wonder what he is doing. When we get home, he asked me to go on a date with him. I can't wait.

"Ready?" Uriah asks.

I give him a thumbs up and he pushes me off of the building and I am flying.

The wind whips through my hair and I spread my arms like a bird. I close my eyes and scream with delight.

I love being Dauntless.

Then all of a sudden I hear a rip.

I look up to see that my harness is ripping. I reach up to grab the rope to catch myself but I'm too late.

I fall.

I plummet to the ground.

The last thing I see is a panicked Zeke and Will before I hit the ground.

My world goes black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AHH CLIFFHANGER (sort of😂)

Hope you guys enjoyed😊

Thanks so much for 585 reads and 43 votes!❤️🎉

Don't forget to vote and comment❤️

- Emily❤️