Chapter 23

Tris POV

My head throbs. It is a constant pain.

Bump bump. Bump bump.

I draw my attention to something else. I feel someone holding my hand. I slowly open my eyes, revealing a worried Christina.

"Tris! Your up! Everyone get up!" Christina yells. It's a good thing the throbbing in my head has gone down.

I look around the room as everyone jumps up. I guess most of them were sleeping.

They all crowd around my bed and the memories come back to me.

"Peter he-" I croak.

"We know what happened. Zeke and I looked for him but he was no where. We checked all the cameras and the whole compound." Uriah says shaking his head. "I can't believe that Pansycake got away!"

"Thanks Uriah." I say. He looks up. "For saving me."

"Anytime Tris." He beams. Marlene glares at him.

"Can I talk to you Uriah?" Marlene asks.

"Uh sure?" He answers doubtfully.

They leave.

"Can I leave now?" I ask. I don't really like hospitals.

"The doctor says you can leave whenever you want." Christina says, suddenly perky.

"Great." I say standing up. "Do you guys have a lead on Four?"

Marlene POV

I walk outside of Tris's hospital room with Uriah behind me.

"Listen Mar. I'm really sorry! She kissed me! I was trying to get her off and then you came in. I love you. I really do and nobody could ever change that." Uriah says as soon as I turn around.

"Uri. This whole thing with Tris and Four has made me realize that life is crazy sometimes. I don't want to waste any moment of my life being mad at you." I wrap my arms around his neck and he puts his hands on my waist. He kisses me and I kiss back.

We pull back after a few minutes.

"Shall we go back inside?" Uriah asks grabbing my hand.

"Yes we shall." I smile and kiss him on the cheek.

We walk into the room and the group is having a full on discussion about Four's disappearance.

Tris POV

"Can I just go back to my apartment now!" I whine. "We can talk about Four there."

"Fine." Christina gives in. I've been asking them for at least 10 minutes to let me go back home. "I brought some clothes for you to change into."

I look into the bag and see a dark purple t-shirt with some loose black sweatpants. "Thanks Chris." I say as I walk into the bathroom.

I quickly change. When I walk out, the nurse gives me some papers to sign. I sign them all and we quickly leave.

The walk to my apartment was silent. Every step hurt my head but I ignored it.

When we finally reach the apartment, I quickly unlock the door and go inside with the group right behind me.

Christina POV

Tris fumbles with her keys as we approach her apartment. She quickly unlocks the door and we all follow her inside.

When we get inside, we notice that all of the lights are off exept for the one over the table.

Tris slowly walks over to the table and picks up a peice of paper.

She reads it, her eyes widening in shock.

"Tris?" I ask.

"What does it say?" Asks Zeke.

Still staring at the letter, Tris says,
"I-I know where Four is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AHH school ends tomorrow!! I will try and update as much as possible because I'm going on vacation😊

Hope everyone has or is having a great summer❤️

Don't forget to comment and vote❤️

- Emily❤️