Chapter 8

Tris POV

I wake up the next morning, my limbs heavy from sleep. Last night, Uriah, Marlene, Lynn, Shauna, Will, Christina, Tobias and I all went to play Truth or Dare at Zeke's apartment. Tobias and I were there until midnight.

I wake up Tobias and I go and take a cold shower to wake me up.

Tobias POV

Tris wakes me up the next morning and then leaves to go take a shower.

We were up really late at Zeke's place last night.

I rub the sleep from my eyes and get dressed.

The initiates will fight each other today.

Once Tris is ready we grab some muffins and head down to the Training Room.

We get there around 7:45 and today, all the initiates get here on time.

We continue practicing techniques. I show them some punches, kicks, and how to dodge a punch. Tris shows them how to use their knees and elbows.

"Alright everyone!" Get in front of a punching dummy and start practicing! You start your fights after lunch which is at 11:30 today." I say.

Tris and I go into the corner and talk. The initiates haven't figured out that we are dating yet.

"We need to come up with the rankings during lunch." Tris says.

"Well, Evan, Julie, and Luke are picking up the moves pretty fast. So are Emily, Ariel, and Justin." I tell her.

"Ok. Let's help them out with some techniques and we will see how they do before lunch."

"Ok. Let's go Six." I say with a smirk.

Time Lapse (To 11:30)

We just dismissed the initiates and Tris went to go get us lunch today.

I pull up some chairs to the table where we usually keep guns and knives, which is now empty.

I grab some paper and a pencil and sit and wait for Tris.

She comes back a few minutes later with some burgers, cake, and some water.

"I think that we should pair Evan up with Justin." I suggest. "They are both really good fighters and they are pretty strong."

"Ok I think we should pair Lili and Rose up." Tris suggests. I love the way her eyes light up and she furrows her eyebrows when she is in thought.

Time Lapse
(To 12:00 end of lunch)

Tris POV

The initiates file in after lunch. Some of them wear scared or worried expressions on their faces. Others wear determined and angry expressions.

Tobias finishes writing the names and he posts who will be fighting who.

Evan vs Justin

Julie vs Ariel

Emily vs Layla

Lili vs Rose

Jonah vs Luke

"First up is Evan and Justin." Tobias yells over the loud whispers of the initiates.

Evan walks into the ring looking a bit scared but determined. Justin on the other hand looks angry.

They get ready and I yell "Begin!"

Evan throws the first punch. He tries to hit Justin in the face but he dodges it. Justin ducks under Evan's punch and he punches Evan in the stomach. Then he sweeps his feet off the ground. While Evan is down, he kicks Justin in the shins and then punches him in the face. Justin scrambles up and repeatedly punches Evan.

Justin wins so I circle his name.

"Next fight is Julie and Ariel." I say.

"Start." Tobias says. He sounds a little bored.

Ariel is build kind of like me but she is a bit taller. She has muscle though. Julie is skinny, but not too skinny. She is average height with blonde hair.

Julie punches Ariel in the face and in the stomach. Ariel dodges the third punch and she uses her elbow to strike Julie in the throat. Tobias probably showed her that move. Ariel then knees Julie in the stomach. Julie goes down and Ariel wins. I circle her name.

The winners of that day are Justin, Ariel, Emily, Rose, and Jonah.

"Alright guys. You are dismissed." I say

Once the initiates leave, Tobias and I decide to go to our apartment and take a nap because we have Capture The Flag later.

We get to our apartment and I fall asleep soon after I get into bed.

I can't wait for Capture The Flag.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys are enjoying my story so far😊

I can't believe that I have almost 300 reads😍 thanks so much

Who do you think should be on Tris and Tobias's team for capture the flag?

Don't forget to vote and comment❤️

- Emily❤️