Mum like always, had her iPod plugged in as she cooked, her little head bobbing up and down to the beat, her eyes occasionally closing as she pretended to waltz with an invisible partner, and while it took her a while to notice me. Dad and I, meanwhile had found ourselves suddenly quite preoccupied with recording a secret video of her. Teasing mum was always fun.

When all was said and done and the fun had ended, well, things took a turn for the awkward.

And so after being berated about whether Bryce had hurt me while being pulled and pushed into hugs by both my parents, I had finally managed to sufficiently lie that Bryce and I were great and he just had some work to do in Italy and so I was here till he was gone because I missed home.

Well, it wasn't entirely a lie, I really was missing home, but truth still stood that Bryce and I were not great, and I had no idea where he had so cowardly disappeared to.

Thankfully though dad and mum believed me and after an amazing dinner, here I was now, in my room, lying on my bed trying to ignore my phone as Roman's ID flashed on the screen.

Romanov Calling...

I glanced at my phone slightly, but immediately looked away as his ID continued to call.

The slight trepidation in my chest made me feel like I was hiding in Marley's home again and I knew Bryce was going to get me any minute now. Only this time, I didn't know who would get me. Only this time though, I really wasn't hiding. This was my home after all!

I sighed as I saw the lights go off on my cell from the corner of my eyes, and quickly making a grab for the phone, jumped onto notifications.

4 Messages Recieved.
20 Missed Calls.

A slight shiver ran down my back when I tapped onto the missed calls tab.

Bryce (15)
Romanov (3)
Matthew (2)

I left the messages untouched.

A sigh slipped from my lips as I switched back to looking at my faintly lit room. And when the slight tinge of sweat caught my sense I quickly got up and marched towards the bathroom. A bath was in order. A much needed one at that.

***

I walked back into my room wearing Bryce's deep blue t-shirt and a pair of white boy-shorts, my hair made up in a loose French braid. Glancing towards the slightly rattling window, I padded my way towards it and pushed it open, breathing in the cool night breeze. A owl hooted somewhere in the distant forest and I almost smiled at how loud it sounded in the darkened silence.

The moon seemed almost full, slightly fuller than a crescent and I couldn't help but let a shiver pass me watching it. As if looking at it connected me to Bryce a slow pain settled into my chest. I missed him. I missed the him that was mine. Not the one who drove me away.

I let out a dejected breath as I turned towards the bed and stilled. The screen was alight again. Another notification.

I found myself padding towards my bed quite furiously but only stilled further when I saw the screen.

Bryce calling...

The tinge in my chest tightened as I slumped down into bed and pulled my iPhone towards me. A rash and quick decision purely made by the tightening tinge in my chest.

The feel of my heat beating a mile a second, loud enough to be heard around my silent room left me even more nervous.

If you can hear your frigging heart beat, he will too!