As I stared at him, he turned his face towards me and lifted an eyebrow up, "Well?"

Oh! Yeah! He doesn't know the way... Oh... Ha ha... Ha!... Er... Yeah

"548 Woodslane Drive."

"Do I look like a cab driver to you?" Rome growled suddenly, making me jump in my seat. The hell!

"Take a left here," I mumbled quietly, before waiting for the next set to give him directions.

I could feel Rome's eyes on me, but all I could think about was whether Bryce would show up. Maybe Rome and I could paint in the backyard so if he would come I'd see him?

I smiled. That seemed like a good idea.

"Look Theia, I know I've been a bit harsh and well... I'll try to be more civil, for the projects sake. Okay?" Roman grumbled, as if telling me that he was sorry even though he had not said it, like saying it would actually burn his tongue.

That made me frown, why had he made a fuss over having me as a muse when when he could barely tolerate me?

It's official. He hates you. This is his ultimate revenge. He's a psycho.

"Why did you fuss over having me as your muse?" I blurted out almost suddenly.

Crap, I should put a plugger on my mouth for gods sakes! Now he will just yell more!

"Because I wanted to paint you,"

I looked at him. He was looking straight at the road. Liar...

"Why did you want to paint me?"

His dark thick eyebrows dipped down as he frowned.

"Because you're beautiful," he replied, his tone sour, I knew... he hated saying it. Still, I grinned.

"Thanks, you're beautiful too!" I chirped happily, my face glowing from the compliment.

Growing your, mom had always told me.

'When a man compliments you, hold your tongue. Because he may be lying, he may only be saying that to get into your pants, or your best friends... But at the end of the day, a woman deserves compliments. And guess what? You are beautiful.'

"I still don't like you" Rome muttered, his frown deepening as he drove down the road.

Another left, and I'd be home.

.

.

.

Sliding in the key I unlocked the door and walked in, Rome tailing behind me with his canvas and paint bag.

"So this is my home," I declared, smiling slightly as I walked into the living room.

"Oh! You're back miss!"

I whirled around almost escaping falling on my ass, shocked.

"Who are you?!" I asked startled, holding a palm to my chest.

The slightly elderly woman in front of me turned a shade red.

"I-I'm sorry miss, I'm Agnus and there is also Lilly. Mrs. Anderson appointed ur as maids, o-only just today."

Her frightened demeanor made me frown.

I looked at Agnus, with dark brown hair and a sightly plump face she looked everything one would expect a great middle aged mother figure to look like. But her scared blue eyes weren't staring at me with fright, no, she was staring at what was behind me.