Looking at him smirk I slumped in my seat. "Okay, a little." I admitted in a small voice.

Bryce edged closer and for the first time moved his hands over my shoulder, I stilled. All the gnawing questions in my mind suddenly just slipping it in one go.

"Are you engaged? Married? In a relationship? Do you have a kid? Or kids? Are you really even twenty four?" I blurted out hurriedly as I asked him the questions I'd been wanting to ask him for days.

Bryce stilled beside me and his grip on my shoulder tightened. I cringed a little at his strength.

"No. No. Maybe. No. No. Yes."

Maybe...

"So... It's complicated?" I mumbled out slowly, my mind on his relationship status. So there was another girl.

"Yes,"

Yes...

It was already dark now, the moon was making itself known, another night another silky silver ballgown, dazzling us with its rays.

"Oh..."

I inched out of Bryce's arms and smiled awkwardly when I stood up and turned towards him. "It's getting late, I have to make dinner,"

Frowning slightly Bryce got up, rubbing his hands on his pants. "Want some help?"

Hands on the patio door I opened it up and looked back at a smiling Bryce. I shook my head. He was in a relationship and I didn't want the other girl to feel cheated.

"I'm sorry, but mom said no strangers allowed in the house."

I didn't wait to see Bryce's face or hear his response, moving back quickly I turned away and closed the door behind me. Bolting it locked.

***

Two hours later found me in my room, a cup of forgotten chilled coffee on my study table, I myself lying numb on my bed.

The sound of a car entering the garage settled through the air and I let out a small sigh. Mom and dad were home.

My thoughts waded back to the blue eyed man I'd met for the last time just hours ago. A glance at my grandma's wedding ring had me falling deeper into melancholy because his eyes were so like their shade. Swiss blue topaz.

I closed my eyes shut and turned away. Maybe there was something in Piedmond's water that had every taken guy flirting with other girls. This was second time this has happen to me. First Alex and now Bryce. It hasn't hurt so much with Alex though, but Bryce... despite my closed eyes a tear slipped out to its doom... It hurt more for Bryce.

"Honey we're home!" Mom yelled as I heard the front door shut.

Our home was fairly moderate in size, somewhat leaning towards the large side but the neighborhood was quite quiet during the dying hours of the sun so hearing the front door shut or open was easier during these periods.

Feeling lame for falling into the same trap again I shook my head. Immediately pulling on the happy face. I'd decided I was going to smile until my face hurt.

"Hey mom! Hey dad! I'm just up in my room going to do some homework alright?" I yelled as I stuck my head out of head out of the door way, waiting for a reply.

"Okay sweety! We will let you know when dinner is ready! I feel like Grilled chicken tonight! What say?" Dad yelled back.

Despite my smile another revel year slipped out and I shook it away with an image of dad seated on a high chair.

I could practically picture him sitting on the high chair, placing his glasses aside and watching mum as she stretched out a bit before cooking. It had been twenty years since their marriage, but their love was still very apparent.