How does she even do that?

"I do what?" Evelyn asked with her voice shaking with anger or maybe frustration.

Mason gulped. He was the nervous one now.

"I, I don't know," Mason said somehow. Evelyn looked away and Mason was released from the spell. He could move his head now. He blinked quite a few times and surprisingly found his heart beating way too fast. The world in front of his spun. He glanced at Evelyn. His vision blurred. She looked like a Goddess, sitting in a golden throne, glaring at him.

Evelyn sat there with her piercing hazel eyes staring at Mason, squinting them at him. Mason felt like all Evelyn wanted was his head separated from his body. He gulped.

"Take me home," He collapsed and mumbled to the Goddess.

His eyes drooped and they felt heavy. Mason heard as the loud music slowly faded away from his ears, his body got cold, dead cold.

Then suddenly he felt a warm breeze rush past his skin. An ignition, a spark of electricity and a beautiful smell of vanilla. Not long after, everything turned black.

• • •

Mason woke up with that same smell of vanilla surrounding him. It was like summer had arrived again. He opened his eyes and the daylight blinded him. He moved his hands and felt hard floor underneath.

Mason jolted up and looked around. He was home but he was in their living room, in the doorstep.

"Good morning, Sweetie," He found Carolina siting in the couch reading the newspaper.

He stood up with a banging headache and took a look around again. He really did slept in the doorstep, why?

"How was your night's sleep, sweetie?" Carolina asked mockingly.

Carolina was so persistent on not letting him to go the party, he had to sneak out of the house at night. But whatever she said, Mason had a good sleep though he slept on the floor. Hugged by the beautiful perfume with no nightmare, he slept peacefully after ages.

"There's milk on the fridge. It should help for the hangover." Carolina said.

When she saw Mason's confused face, she snorted out a laugh.

"What's so funny?" Mason complained.

"You have got some good friends, Mason." She replied.

Mason thought for a second. Last night's memory washed over his brain and a name. Evelyn.

"How did I got home? Did anyone bring me home?" Mason said walking towards the dining room which was at least ten yards away. This house was huge, unlike the house Mason used to live in.

"Who do you think would be kind enough to do that?" Carolina joined Mason at the dining table.

"Tell me," he said as he opened the carton and drank straight from it.

"Evelyn Reyes," Carolina put down the paper on the table.

"Fuck," Mason almost spat out the milk and cursed.

"You're not getting scrambled eggs," She said.

"Oh, shit," He said.

"You are getting two breads only," Carolina replied.

"I should just stop talking," Mason rolled his eyes. House rules : If you curse, it costs you food.

"I had made a batch of cookies, you are giving them to her as a thank you. It's on the basket there. And oh, she also took your car," Carolina motioned the maid to give them breakfast.