Nine

CHAPTER NINE
FUJIOKA TSUNAYOSHI

The Vongola Decimo woke up early. He found a note saying his father had gone out to the supermarket to buy ingredients for their lunch.

And so, since it was only six o'clock, Tsuna made up his mind to at least clean the house a little and prepare himself. Guests are guests, and if he receives them poorly, Reborn will most probably drill bullet holes in his head.

When Ryouji came back at ten, Tsuna was surprised to see the man wearing a dress and makeup despite being on a day off.

"Er, tou-san, why are you in that get-up?" He asked incredulously.

"Ah, this? I went to the market to buy ingredients for lunch. Didn't you read ny note?" The Decimo sweat dropped.

'Do you really have to wear a dress and makeup just for that reason?'

Tsuna was about to ask again but was stopped short when they heard the sound of the doorbell and three knocks.

"Is that them?" Ryouji asked.

Tsuna's face suddenly lit up, Ryouji noticed. The father could definitely see excitement in his daughter's eyes, and it made him happy.

"I'll go get it." Tsuna dashed and opened their door to greet eight people.

They were all wearing casual clothes, even the Cloud, Mist and Sun Arcobaleno, which was kind of surprising and unusual. Tsuna got used to five years of seeing them wear only suits, even at the mansion.

The Guardians, however, were disappointed. They kind of expected to see Tsuna in girl's clothes at home, and yet what Tsuna wore were an oversized shirt and baggy shorts.

Tsuna opened the door wide for them to get in.

"Pardon the intrusion.." they all said.

Ryouji greets them. "Welcome to our humble home."

"These are my.. friends. Lambo-senpai, Takeshi-senpai, Mukuro-senpai, Ootori-san, Reborn, Chrome-chan, Ryohei-san and Hayato-kun." Tsuna introduced them all.

"Ah, thank you very much for taking care of my Tsu-chan." Ryouji bowed as accustomed and they bowed back.

Hayato clasped the hands of Tsuna's parent. "It's very nice to meet you, madame! I'm Go--Hitachiin Hayato, I live to serve Tsuna-sama!"

"I'm glad that you're polite and all, but I'm actually the father." Ryouji smiled.

Hayato froze then blinked. "Eeh?"

It took a full minute before he reacted after being stoned. "I apologize, sire! I'm sorry I didn't notice!" He bowed a perfect 90 degrees.

"Hahaha! Ah, that's fine. I'm wearing a dress and makeup anyway. Come, make yourselves at home."

The Guardians surveyed the small apartment that was now their boss's home. A little saddened that from mansions in Italy, Tsuna was demoted to this small space.