~~~~~

I was a bit annoyed that my phone was completely dead when I tried to text Hailey that I was leaving my house, and ended up charging it in the car. I made a few quick stops before actually heading to her house to give my phone some time to get a bit of juice, then texted her that I was down the street.

My blood pressure immediately rises when I see Hailey standing in the drive way, but it's not because she's looking like a fucking gem, it's because of who she's with, her fucking dad.

It appears that he just got home from work at least that's what I'm assuming, he has the door to his car open, his gun and badge at his waist, his arms folded and pressed against his chest, one of the meanest glares I'd ever seen in my life, and that's saying a lot account on who my dad is. I quickly put my car in park, getting ready to step out of the car and face her fucking dad, when Hailey turns to look back at me immediately shaking her head no, pushing her dad back.

"Fuck man," I cursed under my breath. "I'm such a dead man."

I hear Hailey talking to hear dad outside on the drive way but I can't make out what she saying, everything's muffled because of the closed doors and windows. A few seconds later she's standing on her tippy toes, kissing her dad on the cheek, as he continues to stare in my direction. I now know where Hailey gets her new profound anger from. I start my engine the second Hailey starts making her way to the car and she's opening the door to the passenger side. She slides into the seat and puts her seatbelt on without saying a single word, I catch a whiff of her body spray as she's clicking her seatbelt in, it's the one I bought her a few weeks ago and it instantly makes me happy.

Hailey catches me smiling at her and immediately frowns, "what?" She grumbles.

"Nothing," I chuckle shaking my head, running my tongue along my bottom lip, my lips were insanely chapped and I fucking hated it. "Ready?" She nods and I put the car in first gear. "Should I wave or.. just drive by?" I ask referring to David still standing in the drive way.

I know she's trying her hardest not to laugh, I can see the small smile attempting to creep on her face, "don't wave," she says, and I don't.

"He hates me doesn't he?"

"He always did," she smirks, barely looking at me.

I laugh softly, nodding, agreeing with her, "this is true."

We drive out of Hailey's neighborhood and the silence in the car is fucking killing me, I want her to talk to me, but I don't know what the fuck to say other than I'm sorry. I'm starting to sound like a fücking broken record here. I mentally roll my eyes forgetting the fücking gift I got her and reach my hand behind her seat, grabbing the boutique of flowers I bought and set them on her lap.

She immediately looks over at me, a confused expressions on her face, "I thought you said nothing special?"

"What? I can't buy my friend some flowers?" I grin.

She scowls me for a second and then eases up, "thank you," she murmurs picking up the roses from her lap. "They're beautiful," she smiles, and I think it's actually a genuine smile.

I didn't want to be your typical cliché and buy Hailey red roses, nor did I want her to think that I was trying to buy her forgiveness, so the lady at the flower shop suggested that I get some light pink ones that were a big seller in her shop right now.