"Wan some?" He questions through a mouthful of fries and I can't help the dimpled smile that appears on my face as I shake my head at him.

"I'm good Mal." I chuckle, picking up a long cut carrot between my fingers and sword fighting with Malakei's fries. He sighs and I can't help feeling that he was relieved over something. I raised a brow at him but he seemed to regain himself and had a determined look in his eye as he snapped my carrot head in half with his fry, sending it splatting down on the table.

"I think we are too weird for our own good." I state with a chuckle before shoving my plate with scraps away along with the lifeless half of the carrot. Malakei chuckles at that, nodding his head.

"Agreed."

We fall into a comfortable silence before Malakei is tapping the table to a beat.

"So where's Raen?"

"He's getting a hair cut with the other Dry Landers." I state before reaching forward and running a hand through Malakei's with a frown.

"You should get one too actually. When was the last time you had a hair cut?"

"5 months ago maybe?" Malakei raises a brow at this before grabbing my wrist and leaning away from me.

"What about you?" He questions doing the same only this time tucking a stray curly baby hair behind my ear only for it to fall back into place. My cheeks tint at that as my ears twitch, beginning to burn red. Malakei smiles at this.

"Your hair grows really slow you know? I don't think you've ever had a haircut."

"I can't even tie it." I sigh out before grabbing Malakei's hand where his index finger had started to caress my ear in amusement. Encouraging the twitching further. I roll my eyes at him.

"It's infuriating. It just sits like a birds nest on my head."

Malakei chuckles at this and I smile sheepishly looking down at his hand. Turning it palm side up and subconsciously drawing patterns with my thumb. Malakei brings his thumb up and pins my thumb down that was caressing his palm and I wiggle out. Before I know it, we're having a thumb war.

"Are you looking forward to the party later?"

"No."

"No?" He questions before halting our thumb war with his other hand and I look up to him.

"It seems like it will be fun. There'll be dancing and food and you'll be able to bring Baja along without her constantly having to live in that stable.."

I bite my lip, thinking about it.

"I guess you're right. It's not really a party though, it's me trying to win over the other Trainers. I can't really let loose now can I?"

Malakei rolls his eyes and squeezes my hands in assurance before letting go and standing up. I frown at him.

"Where are you going?" I question. Watching as he makes his way around the bench and when he's in front of me he holds a hand out for me to take. I do.

"I am going to see about getting a haircut while you can go get ready for the big event."