Bullying & bruises

Tom had always been bullied so he didn't find it peculiar that in high school bullies for him were common. It often never got physical so he didn't think it was a good excuse to waste a teachers time on the matter let alone his caring and loving sister. His only family left.

As he began traveling down the hall from his math class to the cafeteria he noticed a lot less people in the halls. Good. For him this was a blessing since because of his size some would 'accidentally' bump into him sometimes even crush him.

When Tom got to the cafeteria he took his lunch box out of his checkered backpack. For him eating alone wasn't strange so he sat down, beginning to eat.

He then noticed one of his usual tormentors, Edwardo, with his posey. (Did I spell that right!?). Letting out a shaky sigh, he prepared himself to be, once again, told of his imperfections that he could obviously change in a day.

"Ay tar-eyes!" Edwardo bellowed. Tom looked up from his food noticing his bullies usual plain outfit had been replaced, as well as his two lackeys. They all wore the same mud-stained school football uniform while still sporting their stupid bandanas around there necks. Green, blue and purple.
"yes?" Tom asked with a bored expression, knowing exactly what they wanted, normally he would reply with a sassy comment but, this was Edwardo. "Where's the money at? Shortie!?" As Tom searched around in his bag, brushing past his school books, schedule, rope, blade and note he then realised he left his only survival from being punched, at home.

After being kicked around a couple times Edwardo finally excepted Tom forgot it at home and left with a new red colour decorating his and his friend's football kits causing Tom to take a trip to the restrooms to clean his bleeding bruises.

Once the bell rang he sped of to class in order to avoid getting stepped on by the lucky giants of the school. Science for him was an easy A+ just pay attention to the teacher and take notes than you've got it! Next was German which was his least favourite class the teacher only talked English for the first day and then on only spoke that the language. Tom always had to check the textbook remembering little by little a day. Sure it was hard but he's learning.

When the dismissal bell rung throughout the halls Tom huffed. Finally, now he could go to him and his sisters favourite spot. Their calming down spot. Only theirs.

~TOMS POV~

It had been precisely 5 years since my mother and father had shown me and Leah (my sister) where my dads parents had shown him. That was before they both died in a car crash 2 years after. 'A family tradition' they said said that who ever was next in line to see the tree would be shown by their parents but since I won't be here I guess my sister will have to carry on the tradition. By herself. Stupid Tom always ruining things for his own needs.

How selfish.

I grabbed my checkered bag and head out of class carefully watching out for my bullies. Once I had gotten out of the building I made my way down to the field, round the bleachers and towards my special place.

I pulled the bushes apart to make a clear way into my escape from the real world. For some odd reason although I come here everyday the time I spend away is enough time for the bushes branches and leaves to take their original place again magically moving to coverup its amazing secret.

I walked towards the centre where a beautiful red and blue tree was displayed. Ever since I first came here I've always thought this tree is magical though I won't be around long so it's likely I'll never know...

This time the reason I came here wasn't to bask in the trees glory or to read a book while leaning on it for support.  I inhaled as i took all this in one last time. Making my way to the trees base I took time to appreciate this wonder and slumped down against it.

It took along time but finally I got the courage to unzip my bag. I felt for the paper that would explain my death I found it, I placed it next to me and grabbed my poorly made noose. I stared for awhile contemplating (don't ya mean conTOMplating?! Ok I'll leave now...) if I really wanted this if I were really strong I would face the world...

I'm not strong.

I was about to get up and finally quit but that's when I heard shuffling. Like the coward I am I pressed my self up against the tree and saw if it was danger. It was Tord, an extremely popular guy everyone loved, yep definitely dangerous. ''Wow'' I heard him whisper.

I was breathing heavily.

He began to walk towards the tree taking in the breathtaking view.

The view that was going to be my last.

He sat down leaning against the tree he than sniffed the air complimented the smell I had left from hanging around here too much. "Wow what I lovely smell" he said.
"Wow thanks!" I replied before thinking I sounded happy.

I wasn't happy.

"Did you say that?" He questioned standing up in shock staring at the tree. "Pffftthh! No silly I'm behind the tree" wait! Now he'll want to know who it is! "But... don't look. Please?" Honestly hoping he wasn't nosy.

We began talking him, asking questions and me, giving simple answers until one...
"So why'd you come here?" I began to panic I didn't want to tell him I wanted this to be the last place I see before ending myself "just to hang around and I guess now to talk to you?" He took this as a 'you're coming back right' answer and replied with "sure!" in approval. If he could see me I would have told him to leave or been too scared to talk but if you're searching for help or you don't know it's me then I'm very open, mostly.

When he left I brushed my fingers over the ropes bumps and thought for awhile. 'Guess todays just not my day... ' I whispered quietly and began leaving, bag slung around my shoulder once again as I walked home.