Chapter 55: The Sign Of Three: A Watson Wedding

Start from the beginning

Good Luck Mister Holmes!

------- (TIME SKIP) ------

What can I say the service was lovely. The songs we sang, the vows were from the heart and my child actually managed not to talk to Dad the whole time; If anything he kept wanting to be held so he could see what was going on but other than that everything went to play.

Until we all got to the reception and I meet her...

"Oh my word you must be Sherlock's daughter Brooke, well aren't you a pretty little thing!" A Iris voice said from behind me.

I turned round to see Mary's maid of honor. "Erm Hi..." I trailed off, what was her name again?

Honestly I get more like my Dad every single day!

The women smiled a really FAKE smile. "I'm Janine," She told me then looked down at Harlee was holding my hand and playing with the flower on my wrist. "And who is this handsome boy?" She asked in a high pitch voice.

I smiled awkwardly. "This is my son Harlee," I told her.

Janine gave me a shocked look. "He's your son?" She asked. I nodded and picked him up letting him play with my hair. "Oh... It must be hard not having a Mother figure around, you know not setting boundaries and rules for you."

I frowned. "Sorry excuse me?" I asked.

Why would I need boundaries?

"Well you don't have a Mother figure do you so it's just you and your Dad. It must be difficult for him to look after a young rebellious women," She explained.

I scoffed. "My Dad has nothing against my choices nor does he find being my parent difficult," I snapped. "I suggest you watch what you say!"

Before she could say another word Dad came over and stood next to Janine.

"Brooke I've been looking for you," He told me.

"Yeah well you've found me," I mumbled.

Dad frowned. "What's wrong?" He asked me; He obviously noticed I was annoyed.

"Oh she was just telling me she was a little stressed with Harlee, she told me he was being a little fussy," Janine answered.

ER WHAT?

Did she just, oh my god she did, please someone just remove this annoying women.

"Ah, here I'll have Harlee and tell him some deductions, you can go and mingle," Dad told me as he took Harlee off me.

"Dad I'm fine-"

"Go get a drink," He told me and pushed me towards Lestrade.

I growled and walked away. What in the hell is up with that Janine women? Who does she think she is telling me I'm a difficult child then lying to my Dad just to get me outta the way!

I walked outside and got my phone out; Callum.

I called Callum, it rang for a few seconds. "Hey, babe what's up?" Callum asked.

"Cal please come to the reception," I begged.

My boyfriend sighed. "Brooke I wish I could but this meeting is actually important, why what's happened?" He asked.

I ran my finger through my hair. "It's nothing, I just really miss you," I told him.

Not a complete lie; Callum had been away for the last two day's because of a meeting with the American secret service.

"I'll be back in the morning, I promise. Now go and have a good time," He playfully ordered me.

"Fine, I love you," I told him.