Chapter 55: The Sign Of Three: A Watson Wedding

Today's the day of John and Mary's wedding.

I was beyond excited for the two of them, all the planning, all the stress and all their money has gone into this special day.

This morning I got myself up bright an early to help John and my Dad get ready at Baker Street; Of course I was ready first, then I got John ready and helped him with his suit, then I helped Dad- Honestly getting Dad ready was so stressful!

"Harlee come here and let me do your hair!" I told my son.

I was stood in the bathroom with hair gel and a comb in my hands; I had to drag my two year old to the barbers a few days ago to have his hair cut so I could style it.

I watched as Harlee stood on the toilet seat with a towel around his shoulders. I made quick work of his hair and then got the hair dry to quickly dry it then I put his little outfit on and it was a proud parent moment, he looked stunning!

"Brooke, come and have a picture with Sherlock!" John said.

"Hang on, I need my shoes on!" I stated.

I quickly slipped on my high heels so I was a good couple of inches taller. I walked into the living room and saw Dad stood next to the mantel piece looking very handsome in his suit.

"You look lovely Brooke," Dad told me.

I smiled. "You look very handsome," I told him then stood next to him.

Dad and I went for the traditional Holmes portrait which was standing next to each other but barely touching; All the Holmes portraits are the same, not sure why it was like that but my Grandmother says it makes us look better presented.

John took the picture then smiled at the camera. "You both look amazing!" He told us.

I smiled. "Right now you two," I told them and swapped places with John. "Smile boys."

The two looked great together as I snapped the picture. "And me!" Harlee shouted as he ran to my Dad.

"Of course," Dad told Harlee then placed him on his hip so he was in between him and John.

"Say cheese!" I told them.

"CHEESE!" Harlee shouted and smiled brightly.

I took the picture and smiled; I prayed today would go beautifully for the soon to be Watson's and Dad would do amazing in his best man speech.

Dad looked towards the windows. "Our cars are here," He stated.

"Show time!"

"The game is on!"

Dad and I looked at each other as we both spoke... Freaky.

John laughed. "You've both got your own catch phrase and you didn't notice," He stated.

"What?" Dad asked.

It was John's turn to now look confused. "You haven't noticed?" He asked.

"Noticed what?" I asked in confusion.

"Well Sherlock thinks everything is a game that he can win so he say's 'The game is on' where as you  Brooke are a performer and you want to put on a show so you say 'Show time', " John explained then smiled. "I'm getting the hang of this deduction thing!"

And with that John disappeared down the stairs; Oh yeah John has been spending too much time with my Dad!

"Well that's enough of John being clever for the rest of the year!" Dad stated.

I laughed. "Come on, let's go to the Watson wedding," I told him.

The three of us followed John down the stairs and we got into our cars... I was so excited!