Chapter 54: The Sign Of Three: The Stag Night!

This morning had been weird... Really weird.

Dad was telling me his plan about taking John drinking for his Stag do. Now Dad's not a big drinker and honestly I've never seen him drunk, I think he has a glass of wine to be polite so this could be interesting.

Anyway Dad's plan was to drink at every pub/ bar and drink a certain amount at each place... Or something like that?

Dad and John set out a 19:00pm which was incredibly early to go drinking but I kept quiet. It was now 19:30pm, I just started my shift at the pub, it was still pretty early so hardly anyone was in, I stayed in the back room with Harlee until I heard someone shouting, the voice was one I heard too many times.

I went to the bar and saw Dad and John, standing there with big smiles on their faces. "Hey Boo!" Dad greeted... O-Okay...

"Hey... Dad, you okay?" I asked as I looked the up and down. "Can I get you anything?"

Dad got out his two tubes that had measurements on the side of them. "Fill these to here," He told me and pointed to the top. "With your best beer."

I took the tubes off him and filled them up; I could actually have some fun with this!

I filled most of it up with beer then added some whiskey and vodka. "Here you go boys!" I handed them their drinks and they were downing them.

I offered them another one on the house and they accepted. I did the same again but used less beer and more whiskey and Vodka. Oh this will be fun, within minutes they both downed the lot.

"Laterz!" Dad said and stumbled out the pub with John.

I bet they were going to have fun later.

--------- (Short time skip) --------

My shift had finished at midnight. I went into the back and saw Harlee asleep in his Iron Man onesie. I checked my phone and I had 2 missed calls; one from Dad and the other from Lestrade. I also had a voice mail?

Voicemail~ "Hey Brookes it's yous Dad. We has a case and theres a ghost, so we're goings to check it outs and we want you to helps and brings Harlo too because I think he's cool like me and-"

The voice mail finished. Oh dear... Dad's not all there!

I couldn't help but laugh. I quickly composed myself and called Lestrade. "Hey it's lestrade," He answered.

"Hey Greg it's Brooke, why did you call me?" I asked.

He chuckled. "Oh you'll never guess what happened earlier?"

I frowned. "What happened?" I asked.

"Sherlock and John are wasted!" He told me. "Apparently they were on a case, and all they did was talk utter rubbish and Sherlock was sick!"

I cried with laughter as Callum walked through the door with a confused look. Held my finger up to him and mouthed 'One minute'. "Where are they now?" I asked Lestrade with a giggle.

"Currently asleep in a cell. They look rough!" He said through fits of laughter.

"I'll pick them up in the morning," I told him.

That'll teach them to get drunk!

Greg chuckled again. "Alright, I'll see you then." He said then cut the phone off.

I was still giggling; what idiots, they really can't handle a drink.

"Hey, what's going on?" Callum asked me.

"Long story short, tonight was John's stag night so Dad took him drinking, within half an hour of them leaving they came here so I thought I'd be a bit mean and add whisky and Vodka to their beer. Then they left and got a case, but they weren't thinking straight, Dad was sick and now they're in Police custody!" I explained while trying to contain my laughter.

Callum just stood there completely laughing. "That's great!" He laughed out. "I can't believe they only lasted till Midnight!"

"I know right. What light weights!" I giggled. "Do you remember my eighteenth?"

Cal wrapped his arms around me and smiled. "I took you out drinking and we didn't get back till half five the next day. We laughed at everything and everyone," He stated with a smile. "And you stole that bottle of wine from the club!"

On my eighteenth Callum's Dad suggested we go out and celebrate while he looked after Harlee. On the night we went to four different clubs with our friends and drank, everything we could afford. At 5:30am we stumbled back into Callums house laughing our heads off. We couldn't remember exactly what happened that night but who cares!

"I've gotta bail them out tomorrow morning," I told him.

"Can we just bail John out and not your Dad?" Callum asked.

I rolled my eyes and playfully slapped his chest. "No we can't," I told him. "Now grab your son and lets go!"

Callum carefully picked Harlee up and placed him on his hip. Harlee rested his head in the crook of Callums neck. Aw, they looked so cute!

After a quick ride home, I placed Harlee in his bed and kissed him goodnight. Callum and I went into our room and got ready for bed.

"I'm so coming with you tomorrow," Callum spoke up as we got into bed.

"Why?" I asked as I curled up next to him.

"Because I wanna see how bad their hangover is, plus I'd happily drive my beautiful girl!" He told me with a cheeky smile and kissed my forehead.

I pushed him playfully and laughed. "Honestly I can't wait to see how bad they are either. I've never seen my Dad with a hangover," I told him.

Callum chuckled then softly kissed my lips. "Night Brooke," He whispered and wrapped his arms around me.

"Night loser," I muttered into his chest.

-------- (The next morning) ------

It was around 10:30am.

Callum and I held hands as we walked to Dad and John's cell with Lestrade.

Lestrade opened the cell door. John was sitting against the wall, squinting at the sunlight Dad was lying on the bed, still asleep.

"Wake up ladies!" Callum said with a big smile.

I giggled as John flinched at the sound then rubbed his head.

"Oh my God," John muttered as he looked between us and Dad. "Greg, Brooke, Callum?"

"Come on John, we're here to take you home," I told him with a giggle.

John 'tried' to stand up and slowly walked out the cell. "Could you whisper?

Callum and Lestrade looked at each other. "NOT REALLY!" They shouted down John's ear.

Dad shot up and looked around. Callum, Lestrade and I were crying with laughter!

"W-What happened?" Dad asked in a panic.

"You Daddy dearest, didn't even make it to closing time," I told him.

Dad groaned and slowly got up and followed John out the cell and to the desk to get their belongings. "I'm so glad I came now!" Callum said with a chuckle.

"We gotta get them drunk more often," I whispered to in his ear.

"Well, thanks for a... An evening," John said to Dad.

"It was awful," Dad said honestly as he struggled to put his coat on.

Callum, Lestrade and I were still giggling at the duo's current state; Poor guys!

"Yeah," John agreed. "I was going to pretend, but it was, truly."

"That women Tessa," Dad mumbled. "Dated a ghost. The most interesting case for months, what a wasted opportunity!"

"Wasted, him or the actual case?" Callum muttered into my ear. I giggled into his shoulder; we are never going to let them live this down!