His Name Was Oliver

People in life want you to succeed and do great. My parents wanted the same thing for me and they felt that I should follow in their footsteps by either becoming a teacher or a lawyer. The minute I was born I had no say in my life. A whole schedule was already set up, I just had to make sure I was on time...Go to school, get good grades, A's were necceassary, if I ever got lower than a 90% I was looked down upon. Then, came sophmore year, when everything changed. My Dad suffered from a major heart attack and my mom couldn't take the pressure anymore, so she commited suicide. I was left alone with my sick father and even though we had some savings left, we were very much in debt. All in all, we owed 10 thousand towards medical bills and funeral costs. I knew we didn't have enough money for me to go to university and even if scholarships were being offered, there were many other talented students in my grade. Still my father wanted me to go to school and so I went, but, with his critical condition we had to keep a nurse until I got back. The cost of that just put us in even more debt. From then on I stopped believing that everything would be ok, that it would all go back to the way it was and me and my dad would be happy again. 

Then came senior year and I met him. The boy who gave my life a whole new perspective. He gave me a reason to smile and I started to believe that maybe everything would be ok. This boy wasn't just any boy, he was my angel and his name was Oliver Hampton or as I called him Oli.