Chapter 11- Juli's departure

The next day...

Juli woke up with a yawn and was greeted with her new dog and goat plushie in her arms. Immediately, a smile of stunning bright lit up her features. 'Today is my last day here... I didn't expect that it would be this much fun. But today, I have to make the decision...' She sighed, knowing this will be a hard decision to make. She quickly got up to get dressed while thinking about everything she got to know about the marines so far- the good as well as the bad. Corruption was a big problem within the ranks of the marines and their use of power for their belief in justice was overbearing sometimes. And yet, the benefits of this could prove to be of great worth for her kingdom. Making a fair decision really would be hard, causing Juli to be lost in thoughts the rest of the morning.

After her rushed breakfast, Sengoku called Juli into his office...

Juli sat on the couch across from Sengoku's desk, where the Fleet Admiral was sorting through some paperwork. She sipped on some tea while still lost in thoughts.

"So Juli-chan, It seems like this is your last day here... Looks like we now have to discuss the offer the World Government made to you." Sengoku spoke up slowly and folded his hands before resting his chin on them.

Juli sighed and put her cup of tea down. "I know. I have read the offer throughout and I just have some more questions regarding it. The first question is: Is it certain the World Government won't see Seinaru as their territory when I accept the offer?"

Sengoku sighed and leaned back. "I've honestly asked the same question when I was informed about the offer. I'm certain Seinaru will remain neutral land, just like it is now with the protection of the Yonko Shanks. I do have to admit it is quite an odd request to make, and I'm unsure if the Government decided this for a particular reason." He explained to her, being completely honest with her because he trusted in her decisions, even when that might seem weird considering he had a 16 year old girl in front of him.

"But why do they even want to offer me and my island protection? I can understand the action of Shanks, that's why I run up his flag under my white flag. However, what do they and you marines get from protecting my island?"

Sengoku exhaled softly and messaged his head. "As I know, Seinaru is becoming more and more popular as peaceful island and as a resort. So, we didn't want to be in the shadows of a Yonko, that's the first point. If your island does indeed turn into a vacation hotspot, it will be bad if we missed our chance for a possible alliance. The second point is, Seinaru had a pretty interesting and relevant history and past. Just as Mariejois, Seinaru is known as a holy island. And I think it's very important to protect it and the history it holds." He told her seriously, yet frowned softly. 'I think another point are her Engeru pasu powers, but I can't tell her that... Even I don't like that the World Government is seemingly scheming something about getting this power in their hands... I really don't know what they are planning, but Doctor Vegapunk seems to have odd interest in the history of Seinaru and her family bloodline...'

Juli furrowed her brows in thoughts for a moment, thinking it all over once more. Her island could profit a lot from this alliance, so she finaled her decision in what would be the best for Seinaru. "Okay, I will accept the offer under the conditions that Seinaru remains an independent and neutral island, doesn't count to the World Governments territory and that the protection and alliance of Yonko Shanks doesn't have any disadvantages compared to the alliance with the Government." She spoke seriously.

Sengoku smiled and gave a small nod. 'She really is a good negotiator...' "So shall it be. I accept your conditions and I declare now that Seinaru is under the protection of the World Government, without counting as its territory." He spoke solemnly and handed her the flag of the World Government.