Chapter 12- Power Comes With Great Responsibility

[No one's POV]

"It won't be long until they regain all of their memories...."

{The next morning}

"So your captain said 'yes'?"Yoon asked. "Yup."Jae-ha nodded. "Then let's go!!"Yona was excited to see the captain. 

________

"This is just some strangers. Five men and three women, what can you all do?"Captain Gi-Gan asked irritatedly. "Three of the gentlemen are useful. Kija, Hak and Shin-ah."Jae-ha chuckled. "If that so..."Captain Gi-Gan looked at them,"You three! You have to fight with my crews. You win, get on board. You lose, get out."

"Her words are harsh as always."Rika whispered to Asuka. Kija, Hak and Shin-ah went to the center as the pirates surrounded them. "We can defeat them!"One of them shouted. As Captain Gi-Gan counted down to zero, the pirates charged at the three of them.

However, Kija, Hak and Shin-ah knocked all of them out in one go. "Execellent."Captain Gi-Gan smirked,"Then how about you, young man?" She looked at Yoon. "Well, I can cook, sew, do chores, fishing and treat injuries."Yoon said. "How about you?"She looked at Min-Soo. "I can do what he can do."He told her.

After that, she looked at Rika, Asuka and Yona,"What can you girls do?" "Um..."Yona sweat dropped. "A person who can't do anything is not needed." "What?!"Kija was shocked,"If the princess is not allow on aboard, then so am I!" "Kija, it's okay. You just help them."Yona said,"But...Even if you said I'm not allow on board, I will try my best to prove that I'm useful!"

"By doing what?"She smirked. "By doing...."  "Getting the Senjusou plant?"She said. With that, all of them were shock. "Captain..that's a bit too much..."One of the crews said. "Don interrupt me."

The Captain then explained about the senjusou plant. "If you do it, you'll be accep-" "I'll do it."Yona's eyes show determination,"This...is my job." "That's the spirit. Jae-ha guide her."

Then Captain Gi-Gan take a look at Rika and Asuka. 'Looks like it's our turn..' Asuka thought. But instead, she looked away. 'What?' Rika and Asuka were confused. "How about the two of them?"One of them asked her. "No need. They already prove what they capable of."Captain Gi-Gan said. They just looked at her with confusion.

"Good luck."She said to Yona. "Then...I'll be leaving a bit."Yona smiled. Jae-ha then brought her to where the Senjusou plant was. 

__________

"Captain."Asuka called out. "Oh, it's you two. What do you need?" "Why aren't you giving us any job?"Asuka asked. "Hm? But you already prove it in the past. Am I right?" "Huh?"Asuka and Rika were confused.

"Rika, Asuka. You don't need to hide anymore. Because I'd remember the past."She said with a straightforward face. "What?! You remember?!"Rika shouted. "Indeed. You told me who you two were in the past. But once you turn back time again, I still remember some of it."Captain Gi-Gan explained. The two of them just stood there.

"I don't know..that this is happening so fast....We..won't make it."Asuka looked down. "Rika, Asuka, you have to tell them about the future and who you really are before the time is up."She told them,"You are not belong in this timeline."

Rika and Asuka have nothing to say and excuse themselves. They saw Kija walking around in a circle while Hak just zoned out, probably worrying about Yona. Asuka excuse herself to be alone for a while. Rika go down from the ship and sat on the deck.

"Rika."Shin-ah called her. "Oh, hi Shin-ah."She smiled. "What are...you talking about with...the captain?"He asked as he sat with her. She quickly get away from him again. He looked upset by her action. "It's nothing. We just having a nice conversation with her." "With a sad..look?"

She froze. "You saw us..?"She asked. Shin-ah nodded. "why..do you look sad?" "Well...It's because..."Before Rika realize it, her tears flow down her cheek. "Huh...?Why..." Shin-ah was shock and don't know how to react to this situation.

Rika wiped her tears away but it kept coming out from her eyes. Suddenly, something warm embraced her. "Just let it..out. You will feel better soon."Shin-ah patted her back. Rika borrow his shoulder,"I'm sorry..." "Why are you apologizing..?"

But she didn't answer him.

[Asuka's POV]

{Flashback}

"I give you a special gift. But whatever you want, remember this."

"I don't care how you use the Dragon God's power. Whether you use to bully others.."

"...Or revenge...Or for your dignity..Or to protect someone."

"Just remember...You'll have to pay something for that power."

"And that...will be your existence."

"Our existence?"Rika asked, who was standing beside me,"How do we save Yona if  our existence had been erased?"

"Time."

"What?"I questioned. 

"I will given you 'time' to save her. But it won't last long. There will be a limit to your power. Once you use that power of yours, your life span will decrease."

"How do we know if that time had come?"

"Those people around you will slowly regain their memories of the past. And once they had regained everything, your soul will disappear along with your body."

"So..Use your power wisely."

"But will they still remember us after we disappear?"Rika asked.

"For that, I can't tell you."

{End of flashback}

"Powers come with great responsibility..and we fail. We didn't use our power wisely. I think this is our punishment.."I sighed as I stared out into the ocean from the ship. Hak and the others went to get Yona and asked me to watch over it. At least, I'm not the only one here...

I looked at the deck and saw Rika and Shin-ah. "What will happen to the future now?"I muttered to myself.

Time passes by as Yona and the others went back to the ship safely. We are planning a surprise attack for tonight. It will be risky since they don't know which ship have the 'innocent people' on board. Then Yona volunteered herself to get caught by one of Yang Kum-Ji's soldiers that was located in the village.

"I volunteer as well."I raised my hand. "Really? It's going to be risky."Jae-ha said. "It's not a problem at all."I replied. It's better this way. Rika and I know where is the ship and she can stop time. But Captain Gi-Gan..is she also remember which ship?

[No one's POV]

After Yona and Asuka get ready...

"Wow Yona-hime, you really looked like a princess."Min-Soo complimented,"And Asuka, that dress really suit you." Jae-ha whistle at them. "Thanks..."Asuka said.

"Yona-hime."Hak looked at her,"Please be careful." She replied with a smile. "Princess, Asuka. I'll wish you two good luck."Kija said. "I will cook a special food after you return."Yoon told them. "Wish you two return safely to us."Rika said with a smile on her face.

"Let's go!"Captain Gi-Gan said.