Waiting

The picture is in the text because it won't let me put the photo in otherwise XC (Obviously frustrated with wattpad trying not to throw computer)

(Scarlet's PoV)

Before long a year has already passed... It's crazy... It feels like I hust got here yesterday. I can still remember my conversation with Knight Healer's dad, Knight Protecter (i know VERY creative *eye roll*). He was close to me, not just because he was in charge of the royal guard (in canterlot at least), but because he is always there for me when Knight Healer can't.

-flash back-

"Hey Mr. Protecter? Can I speak with you for a minute?"

The semi-middle aged looking colt walked up to me after hearing this. His gentle smile plastered on his face as per usual.

"What is it you wish to speak about Princess?"

"I told you that there was no need to call me that..."

" 'Old habits die hard' you know."

"I guess, but I wanted to talk to you about something personal..."

"Oh?"

The older colt now by my side as we walk to the balcony. This is usually were I spent my time anyway when I wanted to be alone or talk to someone in private.

"Scarlet, what seems to be troubling you?"

"well... it's about this 'feeling' I get when I'm around your son... I don't really know how to describe it... It makes my heart beat faster and I feel like I can't breathe... you know? It's so confusing..."

He just laughed at me softly and his soft expression grew even softer (if that was even possible).

"That's so cute that you feel like that for my son. If you get together I'll gladly except that..."

"What?"

"It's love Scarlet. That's what you feel for my son..."

Love? So this is what it feels like? I know I've been given it, but it's never felt like this...

"Oh...", was all I could say in responce.

"Don't worry... I'll keep it a secret... But you know what I won't? The fact that he loves you too... He said so to me himself... Too bad you are going to be gone for so long... If he changes his mind he'll surely regret it... I'll make sure that he will learn his place, though I doubt he will change..."

I look up at the friendly colt. He truely knows what to say in every situation. I smile and him and nod.

'he loves me back' was all I could think about at that moment.

-present time-

Walking through the halls I smiled at the memory from a year ago. 'Just one more year to go until I see you again...' i said in my head as I went into the throne room. I was needed there for my next meeting with Cadence. My 'training' was almost complete.

(Knight Healer's PoV)

I just finished my royal guard work for today. I walk through the halls and look at the door belonging to Scarlet. I miss my friend who has now been gone for a year.

"Knight! Oh Knight Healer!"

I turn to see a familiar face. A beautiful mare. She was calling to me. I walk over to her. My lovely mare. My girlfriend... Dad and Scarlet don't know about her yet... I plan to introduce her to them once Scarlet comes back in a year. I hope they like her.

~~~~~~~~~~

OML I cannot believe this has 6k reads!!!! You guys are amazing! Love you all!