Understanding

(Knight's Pov)

I kept her in my embrace, not wanting to let her go. I couldn't let her go. I don't care if she was born from different parents or not. She's still Scarlet and nothing will change that.

"I don't care who you are family with or if you're good or not. You are you and that's all that matters..."

"Do you mean it?" She questioned.

"I wouldn't still be here if I didn't" I said smiling at her. She pulled out of my embrace and wiped her tears away.

"well..." she began. "Since you know that now I guess you can hear my dream..."

"You want your parents back... don't you?"

She stood there slightly shocked then nodded her head yes. I put my hoof on her shoulder.

"It's okay... I know that I don't know what is going on between you and Celestia or in your life, but I want to help you... You're my friend and I want the best for you.."

"Thank you Knight Healer, but their's nothing you can do right now... I'm.. I'm leaving to the Crystal Empire to finish this 'training' and to discuss with Shining Armor about the royal guard. I won't be back for two years... It's kind of scary..."

My heart sank hearing that she was leaving, but it had to happen. This was needed for her position in life. I nodded understanding the situation.

"I'll be waiting for your return then... But don't forget to write to me. I want to see if there's anything I can do for you here while you are away. I also want to hear more about this dream of yours. I want to know the truth behind it all and what needs to happen. I want to understand everything. But I also just want to talk to you ha ha..." I laugh at the end removing my hoof from her shoulder.

"I will write, don't worry. Don't change too much while I'm gone though. Ha ha ha!" She laughed while teasing me with her playful tone.

"Okay okay I get it. You should go see Celestia though. It probably involves you leaving."

"Right"

And with that she left the balcony. I stared out into the view to process all that was just said.

(Scarlet's Pov)

I walked to the throne room where Celestia was most likely waiting for me. To my luck she was and Had my luggage.

"Hello dear! You ready to leave? Cadence has a royal guardsman who will meet you at the station in the Crystal Empire. Oh, I just hope that you'll be okay. You are going to be gone for a long time..."

"It's going to be fine. It's just another part of my training. It's nothing to worry about" I say flatly as use my magic to gather all of my things. I walked out of the castle and headed to the station.

"Be careful! I love you!" Celestia shouted from the castle entrance.

"I will" I say not looking back at her, ignoring the little 'I love you too' response. I shouldn't say that to someone who is hiding themselves from the world and pretended to be my mother. I had arrived at the station and boarded the trainto the Crystal Empire.

- Time Skip -

The train came to a stop and the station I had been waiting for. I stepped out and grabbed my bags. I looked around and saw a guard walk up to me.

"Hello Princess Scarlet. We have been waiting for you. Please follow me."

I walked behind him until we arrived at the castle. ' So this is what my father used to rule? ' I thought as we made our way inside. A pony of pink with mixed color hair consisting of yellow, purple and pink walked up to us with a smile.

"You must be Scarlet! It's nice to finally meet you! Before we start your training I would like to show you around the castle, explain some places in the kingdom and where things are, have you meet and talk with shining and get you settled in. Not in that order of course! And-"

I started to tune her out a bit. She talked a little too much for my liking. Sure she was probably a good person and all but it can get pretty annoying. I can't believe she was one of the people who took down and banished my father into the cold ice oblivion he resides in. Even if I'm supposed to be working with her and living with her, I can't be too friendly to her. She will also pay for hurting my father. Maybe once I bring them back, I will take over this Empire as a start to regain this throne for my father. Yes... that would be perfect...

"So are you ready to see your room?" That question instantly snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Of course, but you're going to have to remind me about some of that stuff. It was a bit much to remember... Heh heh" I laughed nervously.

"Oh of course! Silly me. Come on! The room is this way!"

"Alright..."

At least while I'm here I can research a bit on what happened...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyo! Here's the next chapter! Sorry if it's not that good. It's mainly a transition for what's going to happen next. Anyway I hope you enjoyed it! Love you all!