Growing Up

Hope you enjoy this chapter! :P :) Also the picture is of Knight Healer and Scarlet four years later. (it's a pretty crappy quick sketch. sorry about that XP)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been four years since I met Knight Healer. He's been sticking by my side ever since. It's nice having someone around after losing all of your friends at school when I had first transformed. Overtime though, I have learned how to retract the transformation so I look as I once had, summoning it whenever I feel the need. Not to mention now I can hide my dragon wings with a glamour spell. Little by little my ability and plan to bring my parents was growing. Now through the four year span, it was halfway complete. Forming this bond with Knight Healer really had it's benefits in helping me with my motives. I now have quite a bit of information on the royal guard and celestia's involvement. But... there is now a problem for me as well... Even if having Knight Healer around is just for moving my plan along... I may have... feelings for him. I'm not sure what it is, but it makes me feel guilty for using him. Maybe... I want him to actually be with me. N-Not As In A Relationship! Well... maybe... I Mean, No! I just want him to actually be my um... friend... yeah. Instead of using him, I want to convince him to join my side so I won't have to dispose of him.

"What are you staring at Scarlet?"

I turn to see Knight Healer behind me on the castle balcony I was on. He walks up to my side as I look back at the view given to me.

"Nothing really. Just thinking."

"About what?"

"It's... not important. Just my mind wandering to completely pointless subjects."

"Ha ha.. well it sure didn't seem like it. But, I won't bother you about it. So how has princess 'training' been going for you?"

"UUUUUUuuuugh! It's so boring! I swear, it's like they don't want royalty to have fun. It's like this castle is a prison... But it doesn't matter when I get the chance to just talk with you. It's like my stress reliever..."

A light blush dusted his cheeks as he heard my words, still staring out at the same balcony view. Of course only he knew of his blush. I hadn't given much attention to his direction. When I did though, he was quite a bit closer to me the I had remembered him being. I look into his brown eyes and smiled only for him to smile back. He then looked down in the direction of my wings.

"I see you learned a new spell. It's pretty impressive... but..."

He looked back up at me with a sincere smile and bright eyes.

" I think I prefer your actual wings... "

Realizing what he said, he turned away looking at the view once more. The blush returned but now in my view. To my ignorance, I only thought it was because of embarrassment, not love.

"I-I mean... It's just what I'm used t-to! Yeah. Heh heh..."

(Knight's PoV)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I can't believe I said that! Oh Princess of the sun! I have made a HUGE mistake! Am I blushing?! I'm probably blushing. I HATE MYSELF! Now she knows! Well... maybe she does... I hope she does... WAIT! No I Don't! UUUGGHHH!!!!

"Ha ha..."

Oh my gosh! Her laugh! It was so cute! I turn to her and see she has her eyes closed, facing forward, laughing softly. Her right hoof slightly touching the front of her muzzle. Her black hair flowing in the slight breeze. The sun making her white fur shine as it sways slightly. It was stunning. I couldn't tear my eyes away. Is this... what true love feels like? If it is... I hope this feeling lasts forever...

(Scarlet's PoV)

I couldn't help it. I had to laugh. I didn't want it to hurt his feelings, but it was just so funny how embarressed he was. It was kind of cute even. But I knew that I couldn't stay with him like this forever. I had to go to the Crystal Empire to meet with Cadence to continue my 'training'. Not to mention the fact that I had to talk to Shining Armor, her husband and captain of the royal guard, about the training for the new recruits. Oh! I forgot to ask Knight Healer about his training. Yes, he's actually training this time. I stop laughing an turn to him. Opening my eyes, I then ask,

"Oh, How is training going by the way? I've been hearing reports from your father that you have been doing extremely well."

He jumped slight seeming to be snapped out of deep thought.

"O-oh! Well it's going great! I have gotten pretty high up in training even if I'm one of the youngest trainees in the guard. I guess all the minor tasks assigned to me really paid off."

"I'm glad... it is your dream after all... I just wish..."

I turn back and look down.

"That one day I'll reach mine...."

He put his hoof on my back and stared out into the distance.

"I bet that you will..."

His face then became slightly more serious and a bit confused.

"What is your dream by the way?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dun Dun DUUUUUN! Will she be able to tell Knight that he dream is to overthrow Celestia and gain her parents back? Will knight be able to confess his love Scarlet? What will happen when she leave to the crystal empire? All will be solved in the upcoming chapters! I finished this before friday! Woooooo! Anyway, I can't wait to finish the next chapter! Enjoy my loves!