Chapter Eleven

Magsimula sa umpisa

About an hour later the girls walked outside the tattoo parlor. "Now, tell me." The entire time Toni was sitting in that chair she kept looking at Angelina with a mix of pain, fear and annoyance. 

Angelina placed her hands in her pockets and looked at the ground. "Malachai." She heard Toni gasp for air. "Are you insane? Dating a Ghoulie is one thing, but dating the leader?" She exclaimed. "I'm not dating him! We just made out a few times." Toni scoffed. "Oh sorry, 'cause that makes such a difference." She hissed. "Don't be angry." Angelina pleaded. 

Toni started walking down the sideway holding her hand on the bandage covering her arm. "Do you know what will happen when the Serpents find out?" Angelina shrugged. "I'm not a Serpent, remember?" Toni slapped Angelina on her shoulder. "You do have a death wish." 

A while later Angelina sat at her desk while Toni laid across her bed. "What if the Ghoulies decide to jump you? They can't be trusted." Angelina blew on her nails for she had just painted them. "Don't tell anyone, please." Toni groaned while placing her hands on her face. "This will end badly." She whispered. "It won't, as long as you keep quiet." Toni grabbed a pillow and threw it in Angelina's direction. "I don't approve this at all. But I do wanna know all about it. Is he a good kisser?" Angelina let out a short laugh. "Yeah, I guess." Toni narrowed her eyes. "You guess?" "I dunno, he's just a fun distraction." 

"Oh God, he's your boy toy?" Angelina walked over to her wardrobe and thought about an appropriate outfit. She secretly made plans with Malachai to meet up tonight. "Have you slept with him?" Toni's sudden question made Angelina spin around. "No!" She squealed. She picked the pillow that had fell on the ground and threw it back in Toni's face. 

Toni laughed and crawled out of bed. She put her shoes back on and grabbed her bag. "Gotta go, girl. Be careful." She said as she gave Angelina a kiss on her cheek. "Talk to you later!" Angelina said as Toni left her room.

//////// 

A few hours later Angelina parked her car at Sweetwater River. She combed her fingers through her hair as she looked at the mirror in her car. She decided to wear a black sweater with turtleneck and high waisted boyfriend jeans paired with white sneakers underneath. For some reason, she had a weird feeling her stomach. The feeling that something bad would happen.

Nevertheless she got out of the car and walked to the water line. She couldn't shake off the bad feeling and decided to text Toni to let her know where she was, just in case. "Angel." The sudden voice caused her to jump up. Malachai stood a bit further, arms crossed over his chest with a smirk on his face. Something in his posture made alarm bells go off inside Angelina's head. Malachai took a few steps forward and held out his hand. "Let's go for a walk." 

His outstretched hand remained unanswered in the air for a few seconds. Angelina thought about escape plans since she felt really uncomfortable being there. Malachai didn't react when she slowly began walking backwards. She bumped against something and spun around. Three teenage boys stood before her, each with evil grins on their faces.

A boy grabbed her and dragged her along. "Stop! Let me go!" She screamed as she tried to escape his tight grip. She managed to elbow him in his face, but his hands were quickly replaced by others. She started screaming and kicking her legs but no avail; the tight grip never loosened. Angelina got dragged into the forest and felt a rush of fear crashing over her. She tried her best to fight back but knew she was in serious trouble.