"I'm so sorry about that," I told Ethan and he just flashes me a sad smile.

"It's fine. Now, go talk to your boyfriend," He says as I take a deep sigh. I wanna tell him that he's not my boyfriend, anymore but I let it go. Instead, I flash him a sad smile as well and left the Coffee Shop to talk to Cayden.

As I walk out of the coffee shop, angrily. I saw him smoking in the corner as I can't help but roll my eyes, "What the hell was that?" I said as I look at him angrily and demanding some answers.

He looks at me and rolls his eyes as he throws his cigarette away, "I've watched the both of you since you and him enter the coffee shop and I don't like what he's doing towards you," He says as I give him a questioning look.

"Doing towards me? He's not doing—Wait, are you following me?"

"No!" He defended himself as I can't help but roll my eyes. It's so obvious that he's lying. "He's flirting with you!" He said angrily as I look at him, rolling my eyes, "Didn't I already told you already before that you're mine only?" he says and I shake my head.

"That was before Cayden. We are over now and didn't I already told you that whatever happened between the both of us is over?" I said, quirking an eyebrow at him. "Plus, you don't own me. You can't even tell me that you love me, so there's no ownership of what we ever have had."

He takes a deep sigh, I could smell the cigarette from his mouth as he exhales, "I know that it made you mad that I didn't tell you about their relationship."

"Mad? I was more than mad. I was heartbroken and you were the one who broke my heart," I said as the tonality of my voice gets higher and angrier. "You kept it a secret from for more than, what? 2 months? And yet, I want to fight for what we have but I can't because you can't even tell me that you love me."

He looks into my eyes with a hint of sadness, "I—I do. I do love you," He finally says but why does it feel like it's not sincere and spoken by his heart. It's like my heart is breaking all over again, but this time, it's worse.

I tear slipped down my cheek, "Then I'd like to see you prove it," I said as I walk out from his sight and walked towards my car to get away from here as soon as I can before he follows me again.

***

I arrived at the house at around 11:30 PM at night, way past my curfew. I enter the house and I saw my mom pacing back and forth in the living room. She looks at me when I entered the room, "Where were you? It's already 11:30. I was sick, worried," Mom says.

"Oh? Now you're worried?" I said, sounding a bit bitchy. My mom gives me a questioning look as she walked towards me, "Don't come near me," I said as she stops in her tracks. "From now on, you don't ever come towards me."

I said, sounding mad and broken at the same time. "Hailey," My mom says, sounding sad as she took a step towards me.

"I said, DON'T. COME. NEAR. ME," I shouted and emphasized each word for her, "Just leave me alone," I said as I walk out of the living room, heading upstairs to go into my bedroom. Before I could walk upstairs, my mom stops me.

"Hailey. I know you're upset but, I just want to tell you that I love you and I love Liam too. He makes me happy, he makes me, me. And I feel like a whole new person when I'm with him. I hope you know that," She said.

"And I also hope you know that what you are doing is making my heart break," I said, sounding sad and wanting to cry again. I want her to be happy but why does it have to make one person be miserable in order to make someone happy?

Once I reached my room, I entered and closed the door behind me, locking it at the same time.

I fall against the door as tears start flowing down on my own cheeks. Everything hurts at this point, everything is breaking, even my own world. It hurts knowing that I still can't get over Cayden and that my mom is marrying his dad.

I can't accept the fact that Cayden is going to be my step-brother. Is that how my story goes at this point? I stood up from the floor and walked towards my closet. I opened it and squatted down, grabbing two scrapbooks.

I walked towards my bed and sat down. I opened the first scrapbook I made when I was 10, filled with pictures of me, my dad and my mom. We were so happy back then, I flipped through the pages of the book.

I landed on my favorite photo. I removed the tape from the picture and look at the picture up close. I smiled when my dad was kissing my mom's cheek as I am being squeezed in the middle, closing my eyes and smiling.

I opened the recent scrapbook I made over the holidays. It consists of photos of me, Amelia, my mom, Caleb, Ethan, and Cayden. I flipped through pages and felt the nostalgic feeling, I grab the photo of me and Cayden together.

A picture of when we were at the beach. Amelia took a picture and sent it to me when we were on spring break, the time when we are sitting on the beach sand and we are watching the beach waves at night. I flipped through the next page of where me, Amelia, Cayden, Logan, Ethan, Noah, and James are smiling at the camera.

I remember when James asked a worker from the beach house to take tons of pictures. I smile at the photo, I look at the same group of people in the next photo, this time, we were making funny faces.

My heart beats when I look at Cayden in the photo. Instead of making a funny face, he was staring at me. I smiled at the photo, sticking it back at the scrapbook. Before I can flip through the next page, I noticed something weird.

I grabbed the two photos of my friends and Cayden's friends of when we were at the beach. The first photo of us are smiling at the camera, but there's this guy behind us, wearing shades. He looks familiar to me. I look at the next photo of us making a funny face.

It was the same guy, this time he was looking directly at the camera, without his sunglasses. My heart drops when I familiarized his face, It's Trevor. He's been following me this whole time.

***

Hello!

It's been a week since I last updated, I think. I updated one last week and I'll be updating one this week because I need to study for my finals which is on Sunday, March 4 and my birthday is on March 4!

But, I'm not really excited about it since my parents are too busy to celebrate it with me. Anyways, enough about being sad. I hope you liked today's chapter, make sure to leave a vote, comment your thoughts and share this story to your friends.

As always, Carry on and Happy Reading!~

-The Author

Looking for new stories to read?

Check out my new story!