The last day

"Seek that your last days be your best days."

"Tonight is the full moon

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah told us as we stood in the Salvatore boarding house.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus."

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...He'll be a true hybrid."

"Of course" I mumbled to myself. I'm supposed to bring having this psychopath's baby?

"Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie." Damon asked the original.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying."

"I'll write her a great eulogy."

"And I'll wear a pretty dress" I smiled.

"You two disgust me" Elena commented.

"All right, how do we break this curse?"Stefan asked before a fight could break out.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."

"The moonstone."

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each." Elijah explained.

"And where do I fit into it?"

"The final part of the ritual." Elena looked scared as he took a wooden box from the shelf. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of your death."

"Death? Why does it have to be death?" I asked as Elena squeezed my hand.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

"So I'll be dead?

"And then you won't."

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon looks at Elena and me. "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"

"Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work."

"I'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work, Elena?"

"Then I guess I'll just be dead."

"Elena, I know you want to save everyone but come on" I run my hands through my hair. "What if we switch places?"

"Huh"

" Elena and I." I jester to the two of us. "Nobody will even know we switched places"

"I don't know," Elena told me.

"I'm already dead, Elena."

"Looks like we have a plan" Elijah looked at us all before leaving followed by the couple.

"Oh, Lia I have a question" Damon sits beside me. " I came by last night to check in on you and you won't believe what I heard"

" Please do enlighten me," I said not caring.

" just your phone call with Klaus." I snapped my head. "Wonder what it was about"

"Yeah I wonder"

✖️✖️✖️

I was relaxing in the bath when suddenly I started hearing noises come from downstairs. " Jenna?" I yelled.

The noise kept getting closer and closer. "This isn't funny" I hopped out of the bath and quickly wrapped a towel around me. "Hell" I pulled a vervain dart from my neck

"Hello, lee" Klaus's voice sounded so far away. " that's it. Open your eyes, love"

"Why can't people just pick up the phone and talk" I rubbed my neck.

"Sorry for the rudeness, love but I just couldn't wait to meet you in person."

I looked down to see myself in a big T-shirt. "Who changed me?"

"I want you to join me" he totally ignored my question. "I'll be leaving soon to set off on a mission and I couldn't think of anybody better to join me"

"Not a chance in hell"

"Don't decide yet, love. I gotta feeling you'll change your mind"

"Did you not just hear me say no?" I asked as he laughed.

" feisty"

"Shut up"