The house guest

"Trust is the glue to life. It's the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It's the foundation principle that holds all relationships."

"She's out of the tomb?" Bonnie asked the vampire

"She's out of the tomb?" Bonnie asked the vampire. Of course this bitch is out.

"Yeah. We're dealing with it, all right? Just be extra careful. She's gotten a little too good at impersonating Elena."

"What she's too good to impersonate me?" They gave me weird looks. "What? All I'm saying it would be nice to be included" I mumbled awkwardly.

"With Katherine still around, we gotta find a way to get your powers back," Jeremy told Bonnie while I rolled my eyes.

"Listen, I want to get the Martins on our side. I want to figure out a way for us all to work together now that Elijah's out of the picture."

"It's impossible. They hate us."

"Nothing's impossible, bonbon"

"You are not hurting them." Stefan glared at me. " It's either wins them over or somebody's going to end up dead. You think you can at least convince them to have a civil conversation?"

"I'll try."

"Thanks. Keep me posted."

"I can't believe he thought I was going to hurt them, I mean I'm not a complete animal" I complained as Jeremy tries to kiss Bonnie.

"Come on. Elena's nowhere in sight." Jeremy frowns when she won't kiss him back but much to my distaste she gives him a quick kiss.

"Disgusting"

✖️✖️✖️

"Chinese food or pizza?" Caroline asked as we all stood in our kitchen.

"Chinese ."

"Pizza"

Caroline looked while Elena and I argued over what to eat. "Okay. I will get it." She picks up her tablet but frowns when she sees a picture of her and Matt.

"I'll do it."

"Do you believe that Jonas is being sincere?" Elena asks Bonnie.

"I don't know what to believe. I think he's at a loss. He's not sure who to trust."

"Join the club."

"It's girl's night, so no boring conversation," I told the two party poopers.

"Well, what are we going to do about this movie situation? What about "The Notebook"?" I whined at her movie selection.

"Caroline, how many times have you seen that movie?"

"That is so not the point."

"Yes, that is the point. Plus that movie is too long and boring. Did I mention that it was girl's night? Let's have some fun for once" I tell them as Jenna walks in.

"Hey" she mumbled to us while I rolled my eyes.

"Not you too" I sighed. "We are not moping about boys"

"Lias, right. Do you know what we need? Dancing. There is a band at the Grill." Caroline smiled as we high fives.

"Yes"

"I'm in."

"In."

"In."

✖️✖️✖️

"Hey, Matt." Caroline smiles at him as we enter the grill but he completely ignores her.

"Hey, lia" I gave Caroline an apologetic look that she waved off.

"Things just got real awkward."

"I can talk to him if you'll like?" I offered which she nodded her head too. "Matty," I said as I walked up to the bar.

"Lia" he wiped down the bar. "Can I get you anything?"

"A coke" I smiled. "That was a low blow back there" he just looked at me. "Come on, Matty. She likes you and I know that Caroline is hard to deal with but I promise it will be worth it in the end."

"It's all the secrets, lia. I can't do it"

"Have you ever thought that maybe it has nothing to do with you"

"We are supposed to talk about stuff. All the stuff especially stuff that hurts the other person"

"You can't force stuff"

"Yeah you should know"

"Whatever dick" I threw some money down and walked away. I can't believe how rude he's being right now.

"He said the ball's in your court," Bonnie said as I walked over. "Any luck?"

"No matts a dick" I crossed my arms. "Sorry care"

"It's okay but I can't do anything about it."

"Why not? All you do is talk about how much you care about him."

"Yeah, but I am still keeping so many secrets."

"To protect him, care. Even though he doesn't see it that way you are doing the right thing." Caroline suddenly takes her jacket off and hands it to Elena.

"What are you doing? Where are you going?" Elena asks as she walks up on stage.

"Hey, everybody. Let's hear it for the band! Weren't they awesome?" Everyone starts clapping.

"This isn't going to end well," Jenna says before downing another shot.

"Eh, she couldn't possibly make the situation worse right?" They just looked at me. "Right?" I started to get nervous for my friend.

"So there's this guy. And, uh, he told me to tell him how I feel about him. Like it's so easy. Um, you know, just 'cause I talk a lot doesn't mean I always know what I'm talking about. Ah, like now, I'm feeling loopy and I don't know how to express myself." The singer tried to take the microphone off of her but was unsuccessful. "I can sing. Yeah! Yeah. You know what, I'm going to sing."

"Sing?"

"I don't know," I told Elena. "We sing in the car" I tried to make it sounds good but once she started singing I didn't have to worry.

"She's good!" Jenna yells out.

I turn around to see matt watching her. "Matty, don't be dumb"

"You sure?" I smile and nod at him.

"Go get your girl" I push him towards the stage.

"Matt...I..." he cuts her off but kissing her.

"I'm going to get air," I told them but I just need a break. I'm happy for them but it still hurts.

"Hey, Malia" a random girl from my class waved to me.

"He-" I was stopped by something hitting my neck" vervain?" I questioned