Crying wolf

"A liar will not be believed when he speaks the truth."

"Ric, I don't know" I said for the fifth time while I walked to the grill

"Ric, I don't know" I said for the fifth time while I walked to the grill. "I just wish I could have a sign or something"

"It's not that easy" I sighed.

"Lia" jake was waving to me while holding hands with mason.

"I gotta go" I hung up while giving jake a huge smile. "It's been forever"

"Ugh I've missed you" he brings me into a tight hug. "And you remember mason, my boyfriend"

"That's so exciting!" I hug him once again. "I'm so happy for you. The both of you."

"Thank you, lia"

"I would love to stay and talk but I really do gotta go"

"Take care, lia" jake said with a sad look in his eyes.

"You make it sound like I'm never gonna see you again" I joked and he cracked a smile but it didn't seem real.

Wonder what's going on with him?

✖️✖️✖️

"Malia" Carol Lockwood called me over. "Tyler isn't here"

"Oh I was-"

"He's okay, isn't he?" She cut me off. Is her wearwolf son okay? Probably not.  "He just seems off lately"

"Uhh, yes he's fine"

Her smile got really big but knowing the Lockwoods it's probably fake.

"Oh, have you met Elijah" she pointed to the man standing beside her. A man who I didn't even notice until know. An original vampire.

"I don't think I had the pleasure" I stuck my hand out for him to shake which he gladly took.

"The pleasure is all mine"

"If you would excuse me." I rushed away eager to find Jenna and get the hell out of here.

My eyes finally found her but that's not the only thing it found. It found him. Damon Salvatore kissing another girl.

"Jenna" all their heads snapped to me. Damon almost looked guilty. "Here's the paper's you needed."

"Thank you" she awkwardly looked between the couple and me.

" can I just say you two are the most attractive looking couple I've ever seen" I gave them a bright smile.

"Thank you" she leaned in and kissed his cheek while his eyes never left me. "But you should see him naked" she joked.

"You two have a lovely evening" tears stared to form in my eyes.

I guess I wasn't meant for happily ever after.

✖️✖️✖️

I showed up to the familiar blue house with tears running down my face.

"Lia?"

"Damon just dumped me or cheated on me. Actually both" I pushed him aside while storming into his house.

"Wait. Sit down and explain"

"I went to go find my aunt and I saw damon with her and he was kissing another girl. THE BEST PART IS SHE HAD NO IDEA WHO I WAS."

"Have you tried talking to him?" Mason asked.

"Oh yes of course. I should talk to him, thank you mason."

"Wow"

"Sorry, I'm just. I'm so confused" I buried my head in my hands. "We were fine. And now we just aren't? No conversation, no argument. Nothing."

"Maybe this is a sign" jake put his arms around me.

A sign.

✖️✖️✖️

"Don't fall for his lies" I yelled at the tv. A knock at the door interrupted my movie marathon. "Go away" I yelled but the knocking continued. "Oh my god, what?"

"What a nice way to answer the door" Damon pushed me aside and walked into my house.

"Can I help you?" I stayed by the door.

"A conversation"

"Yeah I'm good. Thanks tho" I smiled.

"I'm serious, Malia."

"I'm serious too, Damon." I yelled. " I have spent the last five hours trying to come out with a good reason on why you would hurt me like that"

"Why I would hurt you? What about you and matt?"

"What?"

"How you went out to the woods with him alone? How you told him you loved him? Or maybe how he tried to kiss you?"

"How the hell do you even know about that?"

"And your not even denying it!"

"Fuck you, Damon! I hate you"

"You couldn't hate me even if you wanted to"

And he was right. I wanted to hate him but I couldn't.