The last dance

"If this should be our last dance, what an adventure it has been."

"Hello, class

"Hello, class. What are we learning today?" Alaric asked as I took my seat.

"With the decade dance tonight, we've been covering the sixties all week."

"Right. The sixties." He just stares at Elena and me for a while before turning to the board. That was weird.

"The, uh, ahem..." he writes the sixties on the whiteboard. "The sixties. I wish there was something good I could say about the sixties, but...They kind of sucked. Except for the Beatles, of course. They made it bearable. Uh, what else was there? The Cuban missile thing, the...we walked on the moon. There was Watergate."

Watergate was the seventies, Ric." She laughed before realizing her mistake. "I-I mean, Mr. Saltzman."

"Right. It all kind of mushes together up here, the sixties, seventies. Thank you, Elena"

"With what?" I asked confused as to why he was acting strange.

"Excuse me?"

"I mean why would it all mush together? It's not like you lived it" he suddenly tensed up. Huh, strange.

"Are you calling me old?" He laughed and the students sooner joined him. Maybe I'm being paranoid.

"You said it" I smiled at him before he turned back to the board and started teaching again. "What?" I asked noticing elenas faces

" what was that about" she whispers.

"Had a strange feeling that's all" I shrugged it off.

✖️✖️✖️

"Hello?" I shoved a handful of popcorn in my face as I continued my movie marathon.

" I'm assuming you didn't look at the caller id seeing as you picked up" damons voice came through the phone.

"Obviously" I rolled my eyes. "What do you want Damon"

" well I'm at a lovey dance and the only thing missing is the more badass doppelgänger" I smiled at the compliment.

" wow you are so smart"

"Cute but that's not why I'm calling. " I paused my movie. " long explanation short, Klaus has taken over rics body-"

"I knew it!" I yelled cutting him off. " well I didn't know exactly that but he was acting strange earlier."

"Yeah yeah you are a genius." I rolled my eyes. " for this plan to work Bonnie has to die"

"Wait what? You can't do that to Jeremy"

" she's not actually going to die but everyone is definitely going to have to think that."

" huh? That's actually not bad. Noway you came up with it"

"Whatever. Just meet me at my house around 9 Gilbert"

"Anything for you Salvatore"

✖️✖️✖️
" I thought I said 9" Damon asked as we both showed up at the same time.

" I'm 20 minutes late. Sue me" I told him as I opened the front door.

"What did you do with her?!" Elena yelled as soon as she saw him.

"Will you please calm her down?" He asked his brother only making Elena madder.

"Don't talk like I'm not standing right in front of you."

"El, Please calm down."

" You knew! Didn't you? You knew that if she harnessed all that power, that she would die, didn't you?" She was yelling at the both of us now.

"Yes. Yes, I knew." He sighed as she slapped him.

"Woah" I yelled pulling her away from him. "Watch it"

" of course you would defend him" she turned towards me. " you never even liked Bonnie! You hated her so you are probably happy that she's dead"

"One more word Elena and I swear I won't think twice about killing you" Stefan grabbed me by the waist and pulled me back.

"You need to listen to me and prepare for what I'm about to say. Bonnie had to die. Klaus using Alaric's body was a total surprise. She wasn't prepared for that. And he wasn't going to stop, and we weren't going to be able to stop him until he knew she was dead. He had to believe it."

✖️✖️✖️

"Hey" I knocked on Stefan's door. " can we talk?"

"Of course" he moved over so I could sit beside him. "What's up?"

"You know my friend Jake?" He nodded his head. " apparently he's a wolf."

"Really?"

"And that's not all. He's been working for Klaus. He sent Jake down here to be my bodyguard I guess. I'm not sure though I didn't stick around long enough to find out"

"What do you want to do? Should we tell Damon"

"No. I'm telling you because you're my best friend and I want to do nothing. He's no harm"

"Thank you for telling me" I gave him a smile before walking out.

"Ugh. Look. Klaus had to think she was dead. Your reaction had to be real." I heard Damon say

"I understand why you did what you did. Klaus was fooled, and Bonnie's alive." Oh, he's talking to Elena.

"Here's to duplicity." I could almost assume he's drinking right now.

"But let's get one thing straight, Damon. Bonnie will not die for me, I will not let that happen."

"We need to kill Klaus, Elena. Real Klaus. Who will probably be coming to visit you soon now that he knows that Bonnie is dead. She's the only one who can do it."

"We'll find another way."

"I hope so." I rolled my eyes knowing Damon would be perfectly okay letting Bonnie die.

"Look, I shouldn't have hit you."

"Apology accepted. Let me be clear about something. If it comes down to you and the witch again, I will gladly let Bonnie die. I will always choose you."

"Good night, Damon."

"Yeah, good night" I leaned up against the wall.

"Malia" damons eyes softened. "How much did you hear?"

"Nothing i didn't already know before"

✖️✖️✖️

"Hello?" I answered my phone while half asleep. "Hello"

"Malia" a voice I didn't recognize said. "It's so good to finally meet you."

"Klaus." I say sitting up in my bed. " what do you want?"

"Just wanted to let you know I'll be seeing you soon" I rolled my eyes.

"Goodbye, klaus" I hung up.

Why was I almost nervous to meet him