Chapter Eighteen

Esh walks away to make a call on his Xtranceiver, unaware he is quite literally being shadowed. "Dr. Colress, thank you for picking up... yes, Slasher is in which block? A7? Thanks... Make sure mother is safe." Grace was confused and shocked. Slasher was in the hands of Colress? How, and why? A sinking feeling was beginning to grow inside her. Esh ends the call and returns to camp, as does Selodormi with 'Shi'. Grace breaks off from Esh's shadow and rushes behind a tree, then rises from the ground. She sighs in relief, when Shade's voice from behind her made her jump. "Grace, what have you uncovered?" Grace was nervous. She couldn't tell Shade. Everyone needs to trust each other if they wanted to get at least Aria back, and she knew it well. She'll have to tell him when Aria is safe. For now... "Nothing... it was a normal call." Shade sighs. "Very well then. Rest up, soon brother and I will be reunited, and we can all go home together, Aria included now that we know she is alive." Grace chuckles and looks away. "Yeah. Can't wait..." She slithers away.

Sting, Discharge, and Ivy, returning from patrol, walk up to Selodormi. Ivy looks at her. "Your friend's doing okay?" Selodormi nods. "Yes... you act as if he's blind and deaf." The Sceptile shrugs nonchalantly. "I'm just making sure, alright? We're about to get into the fight for our lives." Discharge climbs up onto Sting's head to draw attention to himself. "Which is why we all have to be ready for anything!" Selodormi sighed. "I will protect my mo- future..." Sting tilts his head, confused. "Uh... what do you mean by that?" The hybrid quickly shook her head. "Nothing." Ivy eyed her suspiciously, but nods. "Alright then..." Selodormi smiled. "Is everyone here?" Everyone gathered around, shade nodding. "Yes. The time to fight is upon us." Shi and Selodormi nod. Esh smiles. "Let me lead!" Grace looks nervous, and Shade seems to sense this, looking at her. "I see no reason why he should not. He knows the most about the cavern system." Grace nods. "Right..." Esh leads them into the chasm, as a chill fills the air. He walked right to what seemed to be a prison block... labeled prison block A. Grace looks very nervous. "What's a place like this doing in... well, a place like this? And more importantly, why are you bringing us here?" Esh, ignoring her, walks to chamber A7, and whispers... "father?" Sting looks shocked. "If he said Aria's his mom, then his dad would be..." his Thought was finished by Shade, who walked up to the chamber door, next to Esh. "Brother... we have found you."