Chapter Two

It was a dark night in Unova, but as always, Castelia City was brightly lit. Overhead, Shade flew, scanning the city below. The darkness was perfect cover for the Skarmory, who was feared for what he did in the past. He finally saw an unlit corner of the city: his target. He swooped down in silence and landed on the road. Small Pokémon saw him and fled. Shade looked around, his ice blue eyes glowing in the darkness. "It appears that my reputation is still well known..." he sighs and walks into a building. The building was surprisingly lit inside. There was a counter, and a Drapion sitting behind it, reading a magazine. The Drapion heard the door open, and spoke in a rather rough voice. "Welcome to Unova's bounty hunter HQ, if ya aren't here to request help or join us, then get lost." A few seconds passed in silence, and then he heard an all-too familiar voice. "Actually, I do need some help, if that is alright." The Drapion's eyes widened. He put the magazine down and looked at the customer, a shiny Skarmory with glowing, ice blue eyes. "Shade!?" Shade cracked a small smile. "Greetings, Sting. I thought I would find you here." The Drapion smiled, a large grin on his face. "It's been a while! It's great to see ya again!" Shade chuckled. "It is delightful to see you as well, old friend." Sting nodded. "So, what do ya need help with, buddy?" Shade's smile faded. "I need you. My brother is gone, and you are one of the only people I can trust to find him." Sting gulped. "Slash? The Scyther?" Shade nodded. "Yes, Slasher. Will you... help me?" Sting though for a while. He then smiled and shrugged. "Ah, what the heck? After all, I owe ya one! I'll get Beatrice down here to take up this job while we're out!" Shade smiled, a real smile this time. "Thank you, Sting." Sting laughs. "No problem! What are friends for, right? But something tells me you aren't just gonna settle for the two of us." Shade shakes his head. "No, I am afraid not." Sting smiled. "And where are we gonna find help? People don't exactly like ya." Shade didn't let his emotions show, but he was very confident. "Let's just say you aren't the only Pokémon who saw the good in me."