FRIENDS??

SONA'S POV

"Rehaan, leave my hand, please... I m extremely sorry" Tears were flowing down my cheeks with full speed and I had no control over them

"U r not needed here Ms Sonakshi Kapoor. I will throw u out like the way u threw me out of ur life 9 years back"

"Please understnad Rehaan.. I was constraint because of..."

"Just shut up and never show me ur face" Saying this, he pushed me out of the hotel while all the people were gawking at us..

"No Rehaan, No ...." 

I jumped up from my bed and realized that it was just a nightmare.

"Thank God, it was my dream otherwise..." I checked the time and it was only 1 am and my sleep was gone.

"I think it would be better to down and inhale some fresh air"

I put on a shrug and went down. To my surprise, the hotel was not dark but there were lightings everywhere and nobody will fear under such lights. I feel like they r giving me company in my lonely life

DEV'S POV

I woke up on Nature's call and went to the bathroom.. After coming back, I lost my good sleep so preferred to sit on the balcony. As I took my seat in the open balcony, I saw Sonakshi in her nightwear loitering in the garden. I dont know why but my heart felt like joining her. Why should I? Was not she ignoring me the whole day and didn't even glance for once. May b she didn't recognize me cz I have turned out to be a handsome hunk. even I would not have recognized her if Priya would not exclaimed her name.. Shall I go? Lets go and find out about her life.

When I reached down, I saw she was examining the flowers with utmost admiration.

"it would have been so great if I could also bloom like u all forever".. Was she really talking to flowers?

She turned around as if sensing someone around and I became conscious.

She observed me from top to bottom. I think she didn't recognize me, lemme introduce

"Hi Sonakshi, I m.."

"Dev, Mr Dev Dixit"

My eyes were wide opened after I heard my name from her mouth after damn god 9 years.

"U remember me?" I asked her out of curiosity

"Are u asking sarcastically or..." she smiled but it was not her genuine smile, there is lot of emotions hiding behind her fake smile. How do I know? Common, I  m psychologist.

"I m serious Sonakshi."

She chuckled, "of course. At the beginning, it took me some time but how can I forget u, Mr. Nerd? O sorry, now Mr. handsome"

Did she call me handsome? Oh God, I could not believe my ears

"Ok ok, dont be flushed. It was a genuine comment." 

She was so blunt, I mean like this is not the Sonakshi I know. u need to renew ur info now Dev

"Why didn't u call me during the day then?"

"I thought that may b u also hate me like Rehaan does" her statement had lots of pain it it

"No no.." I replied immediately.

"u should not cz we never had trust to break" she replied. 

"Dont misunderstand Rehaan. He is only angry and I m totally sure that he doesn't hate. I guess u know that u cannot hate the person if there is no love" The psychologist inside me woke up to console the girl who once consoled me!

"i could have never thought of u to be a good advicer" she mocked me

"Its because I m a psychologist now" I winked at her

She blinked her eyes rapidly in disbelief and its normal for me to get such reactions when I reveal my profession. 'How can this handsome guy be a doctor?' would be the thought of others but I can guarantee that Sonakshi must be thinking something else. She never fails to surprise me with her actions

"The person who barely spoke now advices people!!!??" she exclaimed

"Fortunately yes" I replied.

"Enough of my life, What are u doing now?" I asked her

"I work at A.T. Kearney in San Francisco" she replied with not much excitement.

"That sounds really interesting."

She shook her head simply.

"How have u changed so much Dev? To be honest, I really didn't expect u here cz u had never talked to Rehaan " she asked diverting the topic

I just passed a smile to her question. "After the HSLC exams, my family shifted the house and me and Rehaan became neighbours. In class 11, we ended up in the same class due to common subjects. Thus, became really good friends and also I started talking in High Secondary"

She chuckled to my last line, "Thanks for taking care of him in my absence and I know he deserves everything better in life"

"though we have become friends but I could never replace ur place in his life." 

"I have seen that" she replied sarcastically but I m serious.

"U know what Sonakshi, your advice really helped me in my career and to build my personality as well. But u have changed so much, I mean the bubbly Sonakshi now barely laughs"

"And fatso Sonakshi as well" she laughed. She looks so pretty while laughing

"Lets go up, Its late and we have to wake up early"

She wants to go but I dont. Again she diverted her topic. Why she is doing so?

"Wait Sonakshi, one thing is left" I blocked her way. her eyebrows frowned.

I forwarded my hand, "Friends again?" I asked and she smiled to my silly childish behavior.

"But u rejected my friendship right?" she winked at me and went passed by

FLASHBACK

I entered my new class 6 and I heard a loud laugh from outside. As I entered, I saw a healthy girl sitting on the bench, laughing her lungs out with her friends which mainly had boys and only 2 girls. I took my seat and she saw me and she sensed that I m a new student.

"Hello." she forwarded her hand "My name is Sonakshi and ur?" she was smiling while others were looking at her.

I forwarded my hand and we did a handshake, "My name is Dev Dixit"

"New student ha?" she asked and I simply nodded. This was the first time I m talking to a girl but she is not ready to leave me easily. I need to do something

"If u have done with ur questions, shall I leave for assembly?" 

"Ok then Friends?" she looked up with some hope.

"Lets see, we have just met" I blurted and she raised her eyebrows. Have I said anything wrong?

She didn't talk to me for next one month but I always used to hear her nuisances in the class. She could be tagged the most talkative for sure but nobody could ever doubt on her intelligence. Teachers scolded her during classes and praised her during result day. 

FLASHBACK ENDS

HEY MY LOVELIES READERS, HERE IS THE UPDATE AND IT WAS LONG. I HOPE U DIDN'T GET BORE AND DO COMMENT AND VOTE IF U LIKED IT

ATLAST DEV AND SONAKSHI MET BUT SONA REJECTED HIS FRIENDSHIP AS HE HAD DONE BACK THEN. WILL DEV BE ABLE TO BEFRIEND THIS NEW SONA?

NOW ITS TURN FOR REHAAN AND SONA TO REUNITE AS BEST FRIENDS. IT WILL SOON HAPPEN