4

So maybe taking prisoners wasn't the best idea.

"Shit, are we getting shot at?" I yell in Hunks direction. Purple lasers cover our path.

"What do you think Lance!" He answers.

Usually, this wouldn't have been a problem, but when you have your weight doubled it can be pretty tough. I hear the engine of our escape pod getting closer and closer, a small figure appears from the top.

"Quiznack, hurry up!" Pidge yells. Hunk climbs in first, taking a second to catch his breath, but quickly helps me and Pidge get Keith into the escape pod. With a loud bang, I know it's okay to enter the pod.

When I enter I see that Keith is awake, and groaning.

"Sorry." Hunk holds his hands up. "I accidentally dropped him."

I laugh. "It's okay Hunk." My eyes turn back to Keith, and I level myself with him. "How are you feeling man?"

"What word do you use to describe being in so much pain you feel like you're going to die?" He wheezes.

I put a hand on my chin. "Agony?"

He lays on the ground with his face pressed against the hard floor. "Yep, that's it." He says, muffled.

Pidge turned around from the drivers seat and smirked. "I didn't know the galra had a sense of humor."

Hunk crossed his arms. "Pidge pilot the dang pod." Pidge then proceeds to stick her tongue out at him.

I put two fingers to my forehead. "I swear you both act like children."

As we land, I can see my father in the hangar. His arms were crossed and foot was tapping to a monotone beat. Pidge and Hunk get out first, and then I follow with Keith hanging on to me.

"Lance." My father warns.

"Yes?" I ask, like nothing is wrong.

"Why do you have a galra with you?" His voice was getting louder and louder.

I take a deep breath. "Look father, we had to do a routine check of some abandon containments  and we found a prisoner who just so happened to be galra."

"Do you know what you let into this castle? You let an enemy into the opposing side!"

"Alfor, sir." Pidge cut in. "This galra soldier probably has some good intel that you could use to your advantage, but if you want to use it, you're going to need Lance to get him to a healing pod." My fathers face fell.

"She has a point." I nudge. My fathers face shoots up.

"Go," He nods his head in the direction of the pods. "before I change my mind."

Hunk comes over to me and grabs Keiths other arm, and we hurry as fast as we can to the healing pods.

Three days. I've been waiting for Keith to come out of his pod for three days.

"Hey Lance." I jump at the voice, it was Pidge.

"Oh, hey." I rub my eyes.

"Wow, you look like shit."

I laugh at her response. "Thanks." I say sarcastically.

She sighs. "Okay, but seriously dude have you slept?"

I look at the floor. "I've gotten a few hours here and there." She raised an eyebrow.

"Why are you doing this to yourself?"

I take in a quick breath. "I-" I bite my lip. "I want answers."

"Huh?" Her face showed she was confused. "What the fuck do you mean?"

"I want to know why he was locked up, I want to know what life was like with the galra was like, I want to know his rank was compared to other galra soldiers, I want-" My breath is shaky. "I want to know why he didn't kill me." 

Her face drops. "Lance-"

I shake my head. "It's okay, I just, need some sleep."

She reaches out to me but quickly pulls her hand away from me. She heads for the door, her footsteps echo as they hit the floor, they suddenly stop. "Lance?"

I turn to face her. "Yes?"

She messes with her fingers. "If need to talk, I'll be in my room, okay?"

I smile. "Okay."

She smiles in response and exits. I stare at the structure of the door and think about how my last few days have played out. My father couldn't even look at me, Allura tried to comfort me, but it was clear. My father was disgusted by me, the only thing I had going for me was piloting the blue lion to save my reputation, otherwise I would be the flies and Altea would be the rotting meat.

I lean over on the main control for the room and put my hand under my chin.

Can I not fuck up one thing or is it just destiny for me to ruin everything?

I get pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of the healing pod opening. 

-

A loud noise wakes me up. I feel myself falling, but I don't know how to stop it. I think I'm going to fall to the floor, but surprisingly I land in firm arms.

"Hmm." Is all that comes out of my mouth.

"Hey, it's okay I got you." A voice whispers in to my ear. My body tenses at a voice being so close.

"Lance?" I question.

"Yea, yea, it's me." He laughs. "I'm glad your awake."

I finally look at his face and I'm greeted with a warm smile.

I squint my eyes and look around. "Where, am I? And how long have I been in that pod?"

"You're in the altean castle and you've been in a pod for three days."

My eyes widen. "Really? How do you get me into the castle?"

Suddenly he looks nervous, his arms that are wrapped around me gently are now tightened. "Well I had to tell my father."

"Oh." My heat races.

"Yeah." He looks away.

"Lance?"

"Yes?"

"You can let go of me now I think I can sustain myself."

His face becomes a shade of pink. "Oh! Yeah sorry about that." His arms drop so quickly I can almost feel them still pressed against me.

"Well since you're awake, I'm going to sneak you into your room and I'll get you some clothes and you can shower and whatever else you need to do."

"I get my own room?"

"Yeah? Now come on!"

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 05, 2018 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

In Fair Verona || klanceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें