"Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye," I said, standing up now to look the guy in the...well, eye. Then I realized I was in my normal form and tilted my head. "Not literally of course but-"

"I get what you mean," at leas he looked a little guilty. Steve, of course, knows my back story and what happened between the campers and I. How could I not tell him after what happened on the helicarrier after the fight with the aliens in New York?

"Still, I can't lead a mission if the people I'm leading have missions of their own," Steve said gently but firmly.

"It's called compartmentalization," I said. "Nobody spills the secerets because nobody knows them all."

That's a big word, Percy, where did you learn that? Aphrodite teased mentally.

Athena has been visiting, I answered.

"Except you," he said with a wry smile. Oh, right, we were talking.

"And me," Aphrodite spoke up for the first time. "And his father, my father, my sister-"

"Yeah, Athena kind of needs to be in the loop," I said with a smile. "Even if I don't fully trust her after the whole fiasco way back when. If not, well-"

"Artemis too," she added. "She's been a great help."

"Back on topic?" Steve asked, obviously he was still upset. "Back to sharing, please?"

"You're wrong about me," I said, turning back to him. "I do share, I'm nice like that."

🛡            🛡            🛡            🛡

We walked into the elevator, my heart pounding since I knew he wouldn't like it. But he needed to know. It was crucial to my plan. Aphrodite gripped my hand tightly as a reassurance.

"Insight bay," I ordered the computer.

"Captain Rogers does not have clearance to Project Insight," the computer said.

"Director override, Fury, Nicholas J." I said, as I was in my one eyed form.

"Confirmed." The elevator started moving down with a jerk.

What does the 'J' stand for? Aphrodite suddenly asked.

No clue, it's just there, I answered. Athena set that up for me.

"You know they used to play music," Steve said.

I chuckled along with Aphrodite, relieved for the distraction. "It used to," I said, looking up to where the speakers were-well, used to be. All it is now is ceiling tile and lights. "Then I started visiting my girlfriend's family too often. Their elevator plays music if you want music. I find it highly annoying."

It was silent the rest of the ride down. When we got to the level where the Insight project is, Rogers saw what was being built and couldn't look away.

"This is Project Insight," I said, watching him look at the helicarriers. He looked completely horrified. "Three next generation helicarriers synced to a network of targeting satellites."

"Launched from the Lemurian Star," Rogers added.

"Once we get them in the air, they never need to come down," I continued as we walked beneath the engines of one of them. "Continuous sub-orbital flight, courtesy of our new repulsion engines." I pointed up at said engines, mock proud.

"Stark?" He asked as if he knew already.

"He had a few suggestions when he saw our old turbines." -More like he jumped at a chance to make something better than his father. Aphrodite and I had a laugh about that. -"These new long-range precision guns can eliminate a thousand hostiles a minute. The satellite can read a terrorist's DNA before he steps a foot out of his spider hole. We're going to neutralize a lot of threats before they even happen."