Chapter 24: Sometimes I Give Myself The Creeps

The next day, I walked to school with Billie, Mike and Tre again, like I did every day all year. It was a very generic high school day filled with boring lessons and angst. I went back to Billie's house with him that afternoon. I did my homework while he watched tv and joined him after finishing. We had a movie marathon of all our favourite movies from Superheros to Horror. That's when it got kind of weird. Billie turned to me, taking my hand in his. "Rik, I need you to be okay, alright? You have to do that for me. I'm begging you" Billie pleaded, holding tightly onto my hand.

"Huh??" I questioned. That was the first thing he'd said to me all night. He let go of my hand as if he was never holding it.

"I said, do you want anything? I'm gonna get something to drink." He said simply.

"Oh. Yeah, can I have some water?" I asked. He nodded, kissing my forehead and getting up. While he was in the kitchen, I looked over at the screen. We had paused it just as a bomb was exploding so it looked really awesome. I just kind of sat there at that point, surfing through my thoughts. I thought about what Billie had said. Or tried to. It slipped from my mind everytime I tried to find it. Lately I haven't been able to think about much at all for too long. Billie then came in and we continued watching the movie. It was a Friday night so we stayed up until around 3 am. I stayed awake longer than Billie though. Once Billie had fallen asleep, I carefully got up and went into the backyard. That was really weird. I didn't know what to do. It had been weird since I stepped out of Mike's garage..for the 2nd time. How the hell did I walk out of Mike's garage twice? Flashes of a car smashing into me and my body falling to the ground hit into my mind like meteors. When was I hit by a car? Why hadn't Billie said that stuff to me? What the /hell/ was going on?? Then it finally hit me. The reason why I didn't really keep anything into my mind for too long, the reason for everything that's happened lately. I'm not where I think I am. This isn't actually Billie's house. It's just my fucking imagination!