Chapter 12: The Rescue

*in Billie's POV*

I finally found where Rikkie was. I saw the man who kidnapped her come out of his house and rage engulfed me. I tackled the guy, beating the crap out of him. I made him whimper and beg me to stop but it was all blurred by the anger. I punched him until he passed out and called the police to come get him. I went in the house to find Rikkie. There was a room in the darkest corner of the house. The door was cracked open so I opened it. "Rikkie?" I called. She was curled up on a tiny bed, shivering. All she was wearing was a very thin white dress that was caked in dirt and a quite a bit of blood. She looked up at me. That's when I realised Mike had beaten me to her already. He was sitting on the side of the bed, preparing to pick her up and carry her out. "Don't do that. You'll hurt her." I said, crossing the small room to them.

"What?" Mike asked, looking at me.

"She's chained to the wall. See?" I said, pointing to the chains tightly clasped around Rikkie's wrists. I carefully picked up one of her wrists and started picking the lock. She winced a little but didn't stop me. After the chains were off, Mike carried her out and to the waiting ambulance. She clung to him as we moved past the commotion of police and flashing lights. He held her close, sitting in the ambulance with her. I looked at Rikkie who was still clinging to Mike tightly. The way she was made me wonder what that terrible man put her through. At least he couldn't bother her anymore....