Chapter 7: Can You Keep A Secret?

Billie had run out of the room after the kiss. Mike and Tre came in soon after he'd left, wondering what had happened. I told them he really had to go home. We left not too long after that. Now, I sit in my room, playing around with random notes and chords on Sam and thinking about the kiss. Anytime I tried to think about anything else, I would always be led back to it. I had so many questions to ask Billie. One of them being why he kissed me. Did he like me more than I thought he did? Was he just trying to get back at Mike for something that happened while I wasn't around? I hadn't seen Billie all day. He didn't go to school. I promised myself I wouldn't tell Mike or Tre or anyone about the kiss until I spoke to Billie. I couldn't. How could I? I laid back on my bed after setting Sam aside. I had to admit, that kiss was pretty damn amazing. Better than any kiss I had with Mike no matter how short. There was a kind of electric spark there that I never had with Mike. But what did that even mean? Ugh. How could one guy turn my whole world upside down with one action? One kiss? Was this what real love felt like? I might not ever know. I'd been locked in my room since I got home, lost in my thoughts. I'd thought about talking to Billie but he probably wouldn't talk to me. Not yet. This was too sensitive of a situation. We both had to figure out our feelings before we faced each other again. So I was left alone with my thoughts and my confusions until both Billie and I were ready. I wondered how Mike would take the whole thing. I guess I'm bound to found out sooner or later.