Chapter 19: That Night at The Hospital

A/N: thank you to all of you who have read! I love you all and I hope you enjoyed reading so far. I'm sick today so I may get a few chapters done. Anyway, ENJOY!

Mike and Tre left a little while after Billie fell asleep. They both had to go home. I couldn't sleep, all I could think about is what Billie told me when we first saw him.

*4 hours earlier*

Mike, Tre and I ran into Billie's room. He was sitting there, a bright white bandage wrapped neatly around his head. "Do you like scaring the crap out of everyone dude??" Tre asked, sounding serious but was really joking.

"I'm sorry. It was Ethan's fault, not mine." Billie said quickly, like he was scared of how we would react.

"Wait, Ethan did this to you?!" I asked him, ready to kill Ethan now.

"Uh huh...he was pissed cause I put a dead fish in his gym shorts so he slammed my head into a locker a few times..." He said, looking down at the hospital blanket.

"I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch!!" I yelled.

"Rikkie, now is not the time to be mad. We can deal with Ethan later." Mike said calmly.

"Mad is a fucking understatement." I muttered, trying to calm down because as much as I hated to admit it, Mike was right.

*4 hours later*

I was still pissed at Ethan. A dead fish is not a reason to put a guy in the hospital. I don't know when it happened but I guess I fell asleep because the next I opened my eyes it was morning and I was faced by confused bright green eyes. I looked down to see my hand wrapped around Billie's pale one. I went to pull away but he just held my hand tighter. "Don't let go." his voice sounded pained.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Head hurts." he mumbled.

"Want me to get a nurse?"

"No, stay." he demanded, holding my hand tighter if that were even possible.

"OKay, okay I won't leave don't worry." I said quietly, putting my other hand over his. He nodded, calming down a little.

"Rikkie?"

"Yeah?"

"Would you um..Would you uh....Wanna go out with me?" he asked timidly. I smiled, blushing a little and nodding. Billie smiled brightly.

"As long as you promise to smile more. I love your smile." I said, smiling still.

"Deal."