Chapter 15: Pancakes, Treetops and Questions oh my!

I woke up when I felt someone move next to me. That was strange. Why was someone in my room? And why were they in my bed? I opened my eyes just as memories of the night before rushed back to me. I looked at Rikkie, who was still fast asleep. I remember she didn't want to sleep in her clothes so I have her my t-shirt that I wrote "Stupid" on and a pair of pyjama pants cause it was all I really had clean as far as pyjamas go. She was turned towards me, her thin arms wrapped around me and her head against my chest. I still had my arms around her too and I tried not to move so I didn't wake her. The tear tracks were still visible down her peaceful face. There was a damp spot on my t-shirt where she had cried. Cried over Mike. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt her move again. I looked at her again as she slowly woke up. She looked up. "Morning then." She said, carefully stretching.

"M-Morning." I stuttered. Why was I stuttering? Was I seriously nervous?! You're fucking kidding me. I let go of her so she could get up and get dressed. The room was kind of dark cause the blinds were closed as well as the door but I guess she could still see. "Wanna go out for breakfast? I have about 20 bucks in my bag." She explained.

"S-Sure. Where d-do you wanna g-go?" I stuttered again. I really have to get over this. I wanna ask her out but she'd probably say no anyway....okay, dude, you have to stop that. That's not helping yourself at all. C'mon Beej. You got this! You're Billie Joe FUCKING Armstrong!!! "I dunno. We could go to that pancake place by the pier. What's it called again? By the way, don't look at me for a sec, okay?" She told me. I listened and turned to the wall. Dude, screw privacy and shit, she's changing in your room and if you can stop being a coward, that girl's gonna be in your bed for something other than sleep. I told mind to shut up and just stared at the intense red of my wall. "I think it's called kooky Karl's pancakes or something weird like that." I explained, shrugging.

"I guess we can go there. Hey, do you remember where I put my shirt? I can't see shit." She asked, sounding closer than before.

"Uhhhh....no." I said, feeling my face get hot at the thought of her being that close to me again. This time it really registered in my head cause it wasn't clouded by sleep. "Can you help me look?" She asked.

"Uh s-sure." I stammered, turning around. I quickly looked away when my eyes caught sight of her. A part of me still labeled her as Mike's girlfriend. But she wasn't. She broke up with him because he hurt her, the bastard. "I found it." I said quietly as I felt the soft fabric of her black Beatles shirt. "Oh cool, thanks." She said, coming over to me. I handed her the shirt and she slid it on. "You wanna change out of those clothes so we can go?" She asked. I nodded and got up. "But before I do...I wanna ask you something.." I said, ready to ask her out.

"Yeah?" Rikkie asked, looking over at me as she slipped on her sweatshirt.

"Do you....wanna go to Clearwater park after breakfast?" I asked, chickening out at the last second.

"Sure. Hurry up and get dressed then." She said, looking around for her bag. I changed and we headed out. Brad and mom left earlier that morning so nobody was at my house other than us which was a godsend fucking miracle. Brad would've killed me if he saw Rikkie leaving the house. He hates it when people come over without him knowing. We walked to the pancake place and got breakfast. I paid so Rik didn't have to. When we got to the park, Rikkie climbed one of the biggest trees there. She got to one of the higher branches and started to lose her balance. She screamed as she fell. I ran and caught her as thunder boomed from the distance. Seconds later, it started to pour down on us. Before my mind had a chance to say, I leaned down and kissed Rikkie.

*flashback, Rikkie's POV*

I knocked on Billie's window. It was 3am but I didn't care. I needed him. Mike was drunk again and it was bad this time. Worse than the other times. He pulle open the window, his blue hair in a fluffy mess and dressed in only a t-shirt and boxers. "Get dressed." I told him, not really in the mood for arguement. He got the point and got dressed. We walked down to the pier and I took off my shoes, sitting by the edge and dangling my feet over the water. Billie sat next to me. "So you never do this unless something's bothering you, so spill or I'll poke it out of you." He said, poking me. I laughed a little, pushing him lightly. "I just needed to talk to someone that didn't reek of alcohol." I explained, looking down at the water. The slight wind made small waves on the water as the sunset reflected off the water. "Sooo....changing the subject, let's play the question game." I suggested.

"Sure. Wanna go first?" Billie asked.

"Okay. What's your favorite type of music?" I questioned, swinging my feet.

"Punk of course. And you should know, ms. Punk Rock Queen." He said teasingly, pushing me back. "Okay, my turn. What is your favorite color?" He asked, sitting with his legs criss-crossed.

"I dunno. I wanna say blue but I like green too so I'm gonna say teal, the mix of both. My turn. Same question." I rambled, looking over at him.

"My favourite color iiiiisssss....red. What's your favorite band?" He asked, putting his legs over the edge too.

"Blink 182. What's your dream kiss?" I asked, feeling awkward after asking.

"A good one. Same question." He said simply.

"Me and a guy I really love, together in the park..he would pull me close to him and it would start to rain then we'd kiss...kinda like in the movies." I said, staring out into the distance like I always do when I space out.

*end of flashback, back to Billie's POV*

I pulled away from the kiss shortly after. She seemed shocked but that quickly went away when she pulled me back for another kiss.